NFL Week 12 GDT

SteelKing728

3 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Also where are all the people who mocked the Patriots for signing Gilmore hiding? Dude's performing on an 09 Revis level #GillyLock.

Notable receivers Revis shut down: Andre Johnson, Randy Moss x2, Marques Colston, Terrell Owens x2, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Reggie White, and Ochocinco.

Notable receivers Gilmore shut down: JuJu Smith, Amari Cooper

Not to mention the QBs Revis had throwing to those WRs included Brees, Brady, and Peyton Manning. Gilmore's best QB has been Lamar Jackson, Carson Wentz, and Dak Prescott.

Revis went through a gauntlet in 2009. Gilmore is going through the ball pit in Chuck-E-Cheese.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

On another note, your Eagles really, REALLY let me down yesterday.

6 Starters out on Offense tends to do that sometimes, sorry. Sad yet another Defensive performance like that went to waste.

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Revis went through a gauntlet in 2009. Gilmore is going through the ball pit in Chuck-E-Cheese.

Yeah there really isn't any comparison between their two seasons except the fact they were/are the best CB in the NFL "that year".

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

I honestly feel like there's more bad here than good. Knowing down and distance running would've been substantially smarter. Given the route the WR was running I'm not convinced that that's even kind of where that ball should've been thrown. You'd think you'd want to lead the WR inside where he was running, not make him stop mid-route, making it a riskier throw than it could've been. If Anderson keeps running his route instead of looking back and stopping that's a clear pick.

You can tell Robby is beginning to pull up as the ball is being released, I don't think continuing on a crossing route was a ever a consideration in that situation. It's definitely a poor decision but the throw itself is incredibly impressive.   

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

Notable receivers Revis shut down: Andre Johnson, Randy Moss x2, Marques Colston, Terrell Owens x2, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Reggie White, and Ochocinco.

Notable receivers Gilmore shut down: JuJu Smith, Amari Cooper

Not to mention the QBs Revis had throwing to those WRs included Brees, Brady, and Peyton Manning. Gilmore's best QB has been Lamar Jackson, Carson Wentz, and Dak Prescott.

Odell Beckham Jr isn't notable? Lol ok. Robby Anderson, Terry McLaurin, John Brown, Marquise Brown. Those aren't scrub WR's lol. Lol @ the fact that you only considered 2 WR's "notable".

Gilmore:

43.8% completion %

0 TDS

35.1 Passer Rating.

Revis 09:

2 TDs

6 ints

32.3% Passer Rating.

He is most definitely performing at an 09 Revis level, no matter how much you want to ignore evidence to support your narrative.

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Odell Beckham Jr isn't notable? Lol ok. Robby Anderson, Terry McLaurin, John Brown, Marquise Brown. Those aren't scrub WR's lol. Lol @ the fact that you only considered 2 WR's "notable".

Gilmore:

43.8% completion %

0 TDS

35.1 Passer Rating.

Revis 09:

2 TDs

6 ints

32.3% Passer Rating.

He is most definitely performing at an 09 Revis level, no matter how much you want to ignore evidence to support your narrative.

I mean, I don’t think anyone is forcing a narrative here. Revis’ 2009 campaign was special and the level of competition he faced was undoubtedly more impressive.To be fair, the game has changed a lot since 09, but referencing guys like Anderson and Brown (x2) aren’t helping your argument. 

EDIT: Meant to include this graphic B|

screen-shot-2009-12-28-at-5-19-01-pm.png

Edited by NJC33
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The NFL admitting they screwed us only makes me more upset. Clearly we all knew it. I just dont understand how you make that call 2 times. Against 2 players whom have never been accused of tripping. 

Only 7 times tripping called all of last year. We already find ways to F it up all on our own that's for sure. We don't need any extra outside help.

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

I mean, I don’t think anyone is forcing a narrative here. Revis’ 2009 campaign was special and the level of competition he faced was undoubtedly more impressive.To be fair, the game has changed a lot since 09, but referencing guys like Anderson and Brown (x2) aren’t helping your argument. 

EDIT: Meant to include this graphic B|

screen-shot-2009-12-28-at-5-19-01-pm.png

Brown looks pretty good tonight. John Brown is 8th in the league in receiving. Robby Anderson is a legit WR when he has a component QB.

I didn't say that he's faced as tough of WR's as Revis did. Or more difficult. I laughed at the fact that he said Gilmore's only faced two good WR's- that's a joke. Gilmore's erased everyone he's faced. It's the best performance we've seen from a QB we've seen from a CB since Revis in 09.

On 11/25/2019 at 9:48 PM, 1ForTheThumb said:

Brown looks pretty good tonight. John Brown is 8th in the league in receiving. Robby Anderson is a legit WR when he has a component QB.

I didn't say that he's faced as tough of WR's as Revis did. Or more difficult. I laughed at the fact that he said Gilmore's only faced two good WR's- that's a joke. Gilmore's erased everyone he's faced. It's the best performance we've seen from a QB we've seen from a CB since Revis in 09.

The WRs I named are HoF worthy - the ones you named probably won't even sniff the HoF. John Brown is a journey man and Robby is a one-trick pony and are better compared to Antonio Bryant and Tedd Ginn from Revis' 09 campaign. I'll give you the under-performing OBJ if you really want to add some padding to Gilmore's resume, but the rest are definitely not notable.