Saints vs Panthers

Jlowe22

I like the way we looked offensively minus a couple plays, but it’s still not where it was last year.  Defensively, we looked bad in the secondary, and CMC is just about unstoppable.

But if we don’t win the Super Bowl, it’ll be because of the insane amount of penalties we commit every single week.

• Like 1

We definitely need to get this penalty situation under control going forward. The past 3 weeks or so we've had far too many penalties. We were clearly the better team today, but just kept shooting ourselves in the foot with silly penalties that let the Panthers back in the game. Against a good team that could certainly be a much worse outcome for us.

Biggest bright spot for me was Jared Cook's evolution in our offense. He has really looked more comfortable in the offense in recent weeks and if he can play like this going forward it addresses one of our biggest holes that we had on offense having another reliable receiving threat besides Michael Thomas. Should open things up for Thomas and Kamara if keeps playing like this.

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1

Latavius Murray was looking really good again.

Brees could have had a perfect first half and another TD if Cook could have secured that end zone pass. The second end zone drop was at least contested. That's one thing I'd really like to see Cook be better at, contested catches.

I'm amazed at how big a difference the absence of Lattimore makes. It was staggering yesterday.

We desperately need an upgrade from Devery Henderson! I mean Ted Ginn.

Glad we eeked out the win! 

Edited by Mid Iowa

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Latavius Murray was looking really good again.

Brees could have had a perfect first half and another TD if Cook could have secured that engine pass. The second end zone drop was at least contested. That's one thing I'd really like to see cook be better at, contested catches.

I'm amazed at how big a difference the absence of Lattimore makes. It was staggering yesterday.

We desperately need an upgrade to Devery Henderson! I mean Ted Ginn.

Glad we eeked out the win! 

Cook seems to me like he should be stronger than he is.  Maybe I'm seeing things, but it looks like he plays weak when he could be playing more like Thomas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

Cook seems to me like he should be stronger than he is.  Maybe I'm seeing things, but it looks like he plays weak when he could be playing more like Thomas.

I agree. Now, that said, he did go up about 11 feet (or higher) to make a deep catch downfield. That was nice to see. Brees, oddly enough, nearly over threw him.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I agree. Now, that said, he did go up about 11 feet (or higher) to make a deep catch downfield. That was nice to see. Brees, oddly enough, nearly over threw him.

I really like Cooks ability to go up and high point the ball as evidence by the play you mentioned, and also his touchdown against the Falcons a couple games ago. These are the types of plays we brought this guy in to make for us.

• Like 1