GDT: Week 12 Steelers @ Bengals

TheVillain112

Lot of calls making me mad today.  Clear intentional grounding not called. First terrible pass interference call. 

I've liked our defense usually.  Offensive line is much better with Cordy out there, still not good though. 

I was ready to bench Finley earlier,  but he's battling pretty hard.  Still probably a ceiling of good backup, but he's looking like not a disaster.

Joe Mixon is good.

8 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm glad they played Finley to evaluate him.  He's awful, so the evaluation should be done.  Play Dolegala or Dalton...

I agree. Why have Dolegala on the roster at all unless you want to give him a chance. 

But we we got a strong lead on the #1 pick now that Washington won

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

Why have Dolegala on the roster at all unless you want to give him a chance

We'll find out if they think highly enough of him to find out if he's starter material. If he doesn't start this year, he never will. And honestly if they don't try him this year they should probably just cut him next year. Because they'll never play him over burrow, and I can't see them keeping him over Finley. 

But yeah, Finley is bad. They should see what they have in Dolegala. 

2 hours ago, theJ said:

We'll find out if they think highly enough of him to find out if he's starter material. If he doesn't start this year, he never will. And honestly if they don't try him this year they should probably just cut him next year. Because they'll never play him over burrow, and I can't see them keeping him over Finley. 

But yeah, Finley is bad. They should see what they have in Dolegala. 

If Finley keeps playing as bad as he has in these close games it's going to be tough on Bengals management to keep up the charade. I think part of management wants to see what Finley is, but it's obvious that the primary objective is to tank. Starting Dolegala might be a good fall back option to buy them some time until the season is over and we safely secure the first pick.

Let's be honest. Dalton wins in Oakland, and wins today. We know that, the team knows that.

7 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

If Finley keeps playing as bad as he has in these close games it's going to be tough on Bengals management to keep up the charade. I think part of management wants to see what Finley is, but it's obvious that the primary objective is to tank. Starting Dolegala might be a good fall back option to buy them some time until the season is over and we safely secure the first pick.

Let's be honest. Dalton wins in Oakland, and wins today. We know that, the team knows that.

Let's  also be honest.  Dalton rarely beats the Steelers.  He also throws a few away that Finley kept alive.  Granted, D\alton doesn't get stripped like that.  Finley needs to work on arm strength to hold onto the ball.

15 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Let's  also be honest.  Dalton rarely beats the Steelers.  He also throws a few away that Finley kept alive.  Granted, D\alton doesn't get stripped like that.  Finley needs to work on arm strength to hold onto the ball.

Rarely beats the Steelers... when Big Ben is playing. Finley was terrible. Dalton would have been the difference.

9 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

He also makes some throws that Finley can't and won't. Finley is a total adventure on any throw beyond 10 yards. He just doesn't have the arm. And that's saying something because Dalton doesn't have a great arm, but it's only a problem on maybe 2-3 throws/game. Finleys arm is a problem on about half his throws. 

10 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Rarely beats the Steelers... when Big Ben is playing. Finley was terrible. Dalton would have been the difference.

I actually was hoping we would put in Dalton, especially after the Steelers switched to their third stringer.  Had the whole section around me yelling to put in Dalton.  

I was all for seeing how Finley did in a few games.  he had his shot.  Give Dolegada a chance.

Then let Andy play the last game at home vs. the Browns and give him the proper send off.  he's earned it.  And we will be playing for absolutely nothing.

Edited by INbengalfan
  • Like 1