GDT: Week 12 Steelers @ Bengals

TheVillain112

11 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

If Tyler Boyd doesn't fumble,  there's a good chance we win. 

Bengals also got a Red Zone turnover on a tipped pass.  It happens.

I will say the one benefit to being as awful as the Bengals are is when the refs screw us (DPI on Webb on that 3rd down play), I don't get as upset...

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Bengals also got a Red Zone turnover on a tipped pass.  It happens.

I will say the one benefit to being as awful as the Bengals are is when the refs screw us (DPI on Webb on that 3rd down play), I don't get as upset...

Those refs were hideous.  This is actually the first time I felt like the refs truly affected the outcome.  Those back to back PI calls were horrific.  Webb made a play on the ball on the first one.  Then they were both hand fighting, on the second one, but their WR literally shoved his helmet down, rendering him useless to ,make a play on the ball.  The only other huge blown call was the "fumble" they called on Dalton in Seattle, which took away the opportunity for two plays and a hail mary.

Then throw in the sack play where they actually gave Pitt the opportunity for a 10 second run off before punting.  Absolutely a freaking joke.  They literally tried to misuse the rule to run the clock down more so we didn't have a chance to move within field goal range before the half.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Those refs were hideous.  This is actually the first time I felt like the refs truly affected the outcome.  Those back to back PI calls were horrific.  Webb made a play on the ball on the first one.  Then they were both hand fighting, on the second one, but their WR literally shoved his helmet down, rendering him useless to ,make a play on the ball.  The only other huge blown call was the "fumble" they called on Dalton in Seattle, which took away the opportunity for two plays and a hail mary.

Then throw in the sack play where they actually gave Pitt the opportunity for a 10 second run off before punting.  Absolutely a freaking joke.  They literally tried to misuse the rule to run the clock down more so we didn't have a chance to move within field goal range before the half.

Refs have been screwing us all year.  This is another reason I'm not too down on Zac Taylor.  Between injuries, refs, and not getting the job until after the SB, he had a mountain to climb in his first season...

• Like 1

I felt like the non safety for intentional grounding was the most egregious.  Rudy threw the ball right at the ground before he was going to get hit, and they called it incomplete.  Saw nothing that made it look like his throwing motion was altered by getting hit.

First pass interference was wrong,  but at least I get why they would have thought it was.  Dude slipped on his own and kept our guy from being able to make a play. 

Next one probably gets called most of the time,  but should have been let go as a  makeup call.

Oh well.  If we could generate any offense at all,  this would not have mattered.  Hoping it's all on Finley,  because the play calling is here for awhile.