BDL 2019 Week 12 - Oklahoma City EF5's @ Portland Horned Owls

SirA1

Oklahoma City EF5's @ Portland Horned Owls  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Oklahoma City EF5's
    • Portland Horned Owls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/28/2019 at 05:01 AM

BDL 2019 Week 12

Match: Oklahoma City EF5's @ Portland Horned Owls

Away Owner: @Whicker

Home Owner: @SwoleXmad

Vote for who you think will win this game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Oklahoma City EF5's

QB: Kyle Allen
RB: Melvin Gordon
WR: Allen Robinson
WR: Emmanuel Sanders
WR: Robert Woods
TE: Mark Andrews
LT: David Bakhtiari
LG: Quinton Spain
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Brandon Brooks
RT: Brian O'Neill

RB: Joe Mixon
RB: J.D. McKissic
RB: Frank Gore
WR: Michael Gallup
WR: Keelan Cole
TE: Luke Willson
OL: Morgan Moses
OL: Jon Feliciano

OLB: Von Miller
DE: Cameron Heyward
DE: Sheldon Richardson
OLB: Matt Judon
ILB: Dont'a Hightower
ILB: Cory Littleton
CB: Tre'Davious White
CB: Marcus Peters
CB: Joe Haden
FS: Jordan Poyer
SS: Adrian Amos

OLB: Ryan Kerrigan
DL: Corey Peters
NT: Steve McLendon
DL: Lawrence Guy
LB: Devon Kennard
CB: Pierre Desir
CB: Fabian Moreau
S: Malik Hooker

Portland Horned Owls

QB1: Patrick "MVKnee" Mahomes

RB1: Christian Mcaffey
WR1: Davante Adams 
WR2: Mike Williams
WR3: Marvin Jones 
TE1: Drew Sample
LT: Laremy  Tunsil   
LG: Will Hernandez
C:  Matt Paradis
RG: Andrew Norwell
RT: Alejandro Villanueva

Reserves:
FB: Patrick Ricard
RB2: Peyton  Barber
RB3: Gus "The Bus" Edwards
WR4: Dede Westbrook
WR5: Byron  Pringle
TE2: Stephen Anderson
OL6: Ben Jones

OL7: Kelvin Beachum - (Q)

Portland's 4-2-5 Defense:

DE: Dee Ford 
3T: Linval Joseph
DT: Michael Pierce - (D)
DE: Whitney Mercilus
WLB: Jayon Brown    
MLB: Blake Martinez
CB1: Logan  Ryan
CB2: Desmond Trufant 
SCB: Mackensie  Alexander
FS: Marcus  Maye
SS: Malcolm Jenkins

Reserves:

SLB: Kenny Young
RLB: Zach  Brown 
CB4: Eli  Apple 
CB5: Brandon Facyson
S3: Shawn  Williams
DE3: Vic Beasley
DT: DaQuan Jones
DL: Hassan Ridgeway
DL: Patrick Ricard

Edited by SirA1

Oklahoma City EF5's

Offense:

Our offense will be largely unchanged from last week as we try to get Kyle Allen into a comfortable spot as a game manager. We are facing an opponent that is dangerously thin on the defensive line with Dee Ford, Linval Joseph, and Michael Pierce all inactive for this game, and we plan on taking advantage by utilizing our very strong offensive line in the run game. We will work at a slow pace and attempt to minimize the time that Portland's offense has on the field.

Melvin Gordon and Joe Mixon will both receive a healthy number of touches as we want both to remain as fresh as possible late into the game. We like the versatility of both backs and both of them will be featured on all types of run plays as well as screens. We will also have a package with both of them on the field, utilizing motion and misdirection with the non-play back in order to create last second confusion on the second level of the Portland defense. J.D. McKissic will continue to work in as a gadget player on a couple of plays.

Allen Robinson and Robert Woods will mainly play as the outside receivers with Emmanuel Sanders operating from the slot. We will keep our easy read concepts at the forefront of our passing game to accommodate Allen's deficiencies, but we expect to find success as we believe all of our receivers in this game should win their matchups. To play off our run first nature, we will utilize play action as the primary method of pushing the ball downfield. We particularly like Mark Andrews as a vertical player as Portland's linebacking crew is uninspiring. If they do choose to cover him in man coverage with Malcolm Jenkins, then they will only have one safety deep whom we will pressure with multiple deep routes.

We will occasionally throw in Morgan Moses at in-line TE, especially in short yardage or goalline situations. While this throws up a red alert for a running play, we do not believe Portland has the proper size or depth in this game to be able to defend it regardless.

Defense:

The Portland offense has some of the best pieces in the league, but we believe we have the personnel to contain it. We will play mostly man this week out of both Cover-2 and Cover-1 shells.

Tre'Davious White will shadow Davante Adams. Marcus Peters will play exclusively outside with Joe Haden playing either outside or in the slot depending on the alignment of White. Cory Littleton will be responsible for Christian McCaffrey with Dont'a Hightower taking Jacob Hollister. Hightower will be the first to come off against 4 WR sets for Pierre Desir.

We like the Cover-2 shell in this game as we have utmost trust in our safety group and we want to keep a cap on Patrick Mahomes and his deep ball ability. In this set, we want our safety on Peters' side to give Peters full security in his aggressive ball hawking ways as we feel even one turnover could ruin Portland against our ball control offense. We will call Cover-1 in running situations or as a mix-up to keep ourselves from being predictable. In Cover-1, Adrian Amos will provide help against McCaffrey with Jordan Poyer playing a center-fielding role.

We will mainly rush four in this game. Von Miller will work against Alejandro Villanueva in a matchup that we feel favors us. We have a deep interior group and we will keep them rotated in this game as necessary.

Portland Horned Owls

Offensive Game plan:
Throw the ball, run the ball, move the chains, score points.

Defensive game plan

Defend the run, defend the pass, don't let them score points.

tldr; play football.

Edited by SirA1

48 minutes ago, Counselor said:

No more of this no gameplan thing. We are all a family. No screwing each other. 

Okay I’m telling you right now you either have to accept my no gameplan weeks or you can ask me to leave the league. I take care of myself first and if my mental health gets in the way, an online fantasy league is the last thing I care about. I’m not truly hurting anybody and no I’m not authorizing a co owner to make decisions for me during an undetermined number of days during the year. That’s not fair of me considering they will have 0 control for anything else 

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Okay I’m telling you right now you either have to accept my no gameplan weeks or you can ask me to leave the league. I take care of myself first and if my mental health gets in the way, an online fantasy league is the last thing I care about. I’m not truly hurting anybody and no I’m not authorizing a co owner to make decisions for me during an undetermined number of days during the year. That’s not fair of me considering they will have 0 control for anything else 

I’m offering to write the plans throughout the playoffs. We can address the rest later

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Whicker said:

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’m offering to write the plans throughout the playoffs. We can address the rest later

This makes two of us willing to write your game plans. No need to waste your seasons efforts.