Lions vs Redskins Takeaways

Just Want A Title

With so many starters sitting, this was a tough game to watch.  This was still a pretty disappointing loss.  That said:

1.       Still not much pressure or sacks from our D-Line. 

2.      Jarrad Davis is doing better with a more limited scope of responsivity

3.      Austin Bryant got at least one legitimate pressure.  We need more of that.

4.      Romeo Okwara was back but didn’t get much pressure.  His play has dropped off a bit.

5.      Nice pick by Oruwariye.  Lets hope we see more good things from him.

6.      Darius Slay did a nice job on Maclurin.  He really played well against a very talented WR. 

7.      Will Harris was kind of inconsistent.  He really needs to settle down.  Especially in pass coverage.

8.      Jahvani Tavai had a solid if unspectacular game. 

9.      Overall, we lack real play-makers in our Front-7.

10.   Bo Scarborough continues to run well.  We really need him right now.

11.   Rick Wagner returned today and played like Rick Wagner.  I have no idea why he is starting over Tyrell Crosby.

12.   Jeff Driskell continues to do a pretty nice job.  I am not sure how much upside he has but he is playing really well.  His mobility and ability to escape pressure is impressive.  Still, his inexperience showed at the end of the game.

13.   Our O-line needs some work in the off-season.  We have some solid guys but we need to be more dominant.  Especially in the running game.

14.   It was really disappointing to see the offense not be able to close out the game. 

I don’t know what is going on with our defense but it is just painful to watch them fold like this.  I can only hope they play their best game of the year on Thanksgiving.

• Like 3

The last few weeks have shown the level of talent and coaching Quinn and Patricia have put together.  Its amazing how big of a difference Stafford makes but without him this team is one of the worst in the league.  Good teams often win games despite poor play from their QB, and we will never ever do that that with this group.  I liked the direction early in the year, but that all fell apart.  the random trade of Diggs mid-season looks to be Quinn's downfall IMO.  Risky move that blew up in our face.  Just like the Tate trade right after we got Snacks.

These guys are clueless. That's about it.

I can't keep saying the same thing every week cause we wanna go over the game. The team sucks, Coach sucks, Gm sucks.

They make bad choices, never plan for injuries, and traded away a team captain who's a good player for nothing. I can't understand one person that suggest they need time... None of the big signings have worked out, No standout first round picks. It's just mind numbing to hear the reasoning... I think I become more stupid listening to it.

I'm preparing for whole sale changes... 

19 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The last few weeks have shown the level of talent and coaching Quinn and Patricia have put together.  Its amazing how big of a difference Stafford makes but without him this team is one of the worst in the league.  Good teams often win games despite poor play from their QB, and we will never ever do that that with this group.  I liked the direction early in the year, but that all fell apart.  the random trade of Diggs mid-season looks to be Quinn's downfall IMO.  Risky move that blew up in our face.  Just like the Tate trade right after we got Snacks.

I think you hit on a key point. Trading Diggs for nothing seems to have disrupted chemistry or undermined the team concept.

Some players are just a bigger part of the fabric between players and I think Quinn messed up trading Diggs. Like Tate a popular guy and based on response upsetting to team mates.

I find this season very discouraging. Early season play opened up the idea of possibly making the playoffs. As team performance deteriorated the dagger was Staffords injury. Driskel has played better than I thought he would, at least initially, but we all knew if a Staffords ever got hurt the season would be over.

As you’ve already said the Lions simply aren’t good enough to win with a backup at QB.

You know Slim, for the first time I’m actually thinking about not watching these guys play. The years of futility are really zapping what little enjoyment a person gets from watching. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MortexLion said:

Do you still have the same opinion  after to days **** Show?

I don’t think today’s game changes his opinion that the Lions give them another year.  It’s not what he wants, rather it’s what he thinks the Lions will do.

Personally they could move the team at this point. It’s a cursed franchise that is the worst franchise in pro sports. They’ve shown nothing to believe they have the ability to build a winning football team and the one coach that has had any success got turfed because it wasn’t good enough, That move, combined with two years of regressions sums up the incompetence of the Detroit Lions.

The only thing that ever changes is the year on the calendar.

Fire every single coach, scout, operations executive. Trade any player other teams want, release anyone that doesn’t put them in cap difficulties and start over. Clear out the rot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MortexLion said:

Do you still have the same opinion  after to days **** Show?

I didn't watch yesterday's game, but yeah.

BQ was Martha's first big hire as owner. I think she wants to give him more time to show she did well more than she wants to make changes to appease fans.