(Polls) Does the Offensive Get 'There' this Year?

Mind Character

Do we get there this year?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Offense Get "There" this Year?

• No. I think we'll see improvement but ultimately we'll need the off-season to take the next step.
    • Yes. At some point, we'll put it together and get "there."
  2. 2. At this point, what's the deciding factor or reason for our offense not getting "there?"

• The Offensive Line is the main reason we're not "there" yet
    • Baker's Untimely Mechanical issues, Route Progression Reading issues, and Misses.
    • Freddie's Inability to get the Play-calls in, the lack of Pace Control Play-calling, and Situational Play-calling.
    • The Chemistry between the Wide-Receivers and Baker aka issues carrying over from the off-season.
  3. 3. Does this Offense take the next step next year?

• No. We'll get close but just inconsistently flash but as honestly I don't see Freddie leading us to the next level as long as he's the primary play-caller and Monken is side-lined. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Yes, I think between Freddie getting better as a coach, personnel changes, and Baker's improvement with the WRs we'll end up getting "there.".

Most of us have watched and been around football long enough to know what a Next Level Operating offensive unit looks and feels like.

There's a particular consistent energy and flow about them. Though not perfect, the efficiency, coordination, and execution is a step into the upper tier of offensive football. Down in and down out it feels and operates like a real force.

Whether it be avoiding momentum killing penalties, 1st down gain efficiency, 3rd down conversion rate, the efficiency of the play-call getting in so the QB can analyze the defense with time on the clock, the control and modulation of pace, the timing of particular play-calls given the  situations, the high level repeated execution in the run and pass game, and/or the consistent execution of explosive plays, etc there are specific components and elements that best characterize what it means to be a truly next level offense.

Here we sit 11 games into the season, and I wonder if we'll take that next step in the remaining games as even when one component of our offense is going well something seems to always prevent us from consistently executing at that high level our talent suggests we can operate at.

Ultimately, do we get there this season?

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I really don’t blame Freddy for getting calls in late. That’s probably just a weird thing that I don’t criticize him for.

I honestly think he and the staff are trying to read the defenses formations and personnel to help Baker.

This is absolutely not the case. Watch the difference in Baker when he has the time to call adjustments. He uhh actually does. When he doesn’t have time the play usually blows up. 

Btw this game was a pretty big improvement of getting calls in quicker. There was probably 4 or 5 plays where Baker didn’t have time to read the defense. 

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

This is absolutely not the case. Watch the difference in Baker when he has the time to call adjustments. He uhh actually does. When he doesn’t have time the play usually blows up. 

There were a couple of times when the team couldn't line up correctly.

I recall at least one when Mayfield had to call a timeout.

This dysfunction is on Kitchen and his coaches, still.

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well in that case I suppose immediate chemistry should be the new expectations since we can point an example of it happening.

Makes sense.

Randy Moss Brady Year 1 

Terrell Owens Mcnabb year 1 

Amari Dak 

Cousins Thielin 

Plaxico Eli

some off the top of my head

Im just saying it shouldn’t take a whole year with a player as good as Odell is for it to take this long 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Randy Moss Brady Year 1 

Terrell Owens Mcnabb year 1 

Amari Dak 

Cousins Thielin 

Plaxico Eli

some off the top of my head

Im just saying it shouldn’t take a whole year with a player as good as Odell is for it to take this long 

Does OBJ not take some of the blame there for missing the coaching all offseason?

Baker for missing throws?

Or do we just dump it all in Freddie’s lap?