The "If Gamestop was open I'd buy Madden right now" Post-Game Commiseration Extravaganza with lots of cursing at Aaron Idiot Rodgers who Screwed us from the very beginning and kept on screwing us because he can't ever throw an interception God forbid he

MacReady

12 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Josh Allen has an 85 qb rating, 61 grade on pff, and gets to play the jets and Miami. Josh Allen is in the same galaxy as Mitch Trubisky.  If we could magically switch places with New England we’d have one loss and our defense would have “ all time great stats.” 

The money argument is very overrated. The biggest reason why cheap qbs have been successful more due to the natural progression of a team with a quality qb which is as follows;

1. Bad- drafting high Gb 2005, 06 2008 (we did have one last hurrah with Favre in 07)

2. Stocked with young talent, no or young qb (the rams from the rg3 trade, philly after down years, but also buffalo and last years Chicago... many teams don’t get far past this) - .500ish GB 2009

3. Qb becoming established, young roster and  winning- drafting in 20s...2010-15

4. Players getting paid/old and not a real contender- 16

5.  Retool and reload with players coming off books, higher picks from losing, holding on to pieces that are worth it- 17/18

6.Twighlight of career contending with high picks and a few fas (us 2019 through maybe 21also 2007 Favre).

The Saints pretty much followed the same model. The Manning Colts pulled the plug at stage 5 after a neck injury and Luck falling to them. The chargers essentially have done this with Rivers dominating in the mid 2000s and having a resurgence at points. It’s common and you can contend.

I’ll admit it helps being able to supplement your roster with another 1-2 starters when you have a qb on a rookie deal but I could also tell you Buffalo would be glad to swap Allen, their 24m In cap and Cole Beasley (prized fa) for AR.

I would trade Rodgers for Allen, Beasley And their first round pick the next two years in a heartbeat.  

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Granted, it's better than nothing.  However, you guys obviously have not had home made pumpkin pie with crust made from scratch.  Wife does it and I'll keep her just for that. 

I have low standards. I have found that to be an ideal way to approach life in general.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I liked this and then removed the like because I’m sure it wasn’t even a joke and you still think Rodgers is 2014 Rodgers.

Were you posting on here in the SB year? When I read your posts and topics you start sometimes I worry it's you who has caused the drought and if we tossed you in the sea like Jonah they would calm and a QB making more than 13% of the salary cap (Rodgers) would win another SB.