How much does your teams history mean to you?

patriotsheatyan

I would suggest that in the heat of a season, it means next to nothing.  I believe this due to all the angry Eagles fans I talk to and read on the internet.  Y'all did it.  You finally did it! And you beat the Patriots!  But that didn't mean a thing this afternoon did it?  I think fans might appreciate that stuff in the off season, before the draft and training camp, but it's meaningless the rest of the time.

Yes and no. I don't go back to before I was born. The stuff that I can actually remember. Montana, Rice, Young. Tom Rathman. Roger Craig's fumble. 40-8. Ronnie Lott. The super bowl against the Chargers. That stuff matters to me. Brodie? Million dollar backfield? Not so much. 

Its painful and I try not to think about it.

I mean, the Cleveland Browns have had it rough for over 15 years, but the fans knew they were going to stink 

Minnesota is good enough to make it to the playoffs, and even to the NFCCG or SuperBowl, but continue to rip our hearts out.

I just hope, even just once, that changes. Preferably in my lifetime (I'm 27 lol).

Edited by SteelKing728