Got a good feeling about Cain...

mwalker

5 hours ago, Big Snack said:

My hope is he becomes everything the team hoped moncrief would be. That would help this offense as much as anything else 

I forgot about moncriefxD

I have a feeling Cain will be a really good WR4. This WR cops will get better as the season goes on, I expect them to be a problem for most teams as long as the QB passing is decent enough

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

He reminds me a lot of Martavis for obvious reasons. Hopefully doesn't carry the same baggage. 

someone mentioned him the other day, I forgot about him tooxD

• 3 weeks later...

Cain has the ability to be a mismatch weapon with the Steelers team. He is a faster James Washington and is competitive also. With Washington and Cain on the field at the same time, it stresses most teams.

This offense, if Duck keeps progressing, could be deadly going into the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Ruin a date in two words:

Randy Fichtner. 

Many don’t like Fitchner? I think he kept the training wheels on too long but I like his play calling. He’s been aggressive in situational plays and goes for the jugular rather than playing it safe.

1 hour ago, armsteeld said:

Cain has the ability to be a mismatch weapon with the Steelers team. He is a faster James Washington and is competitive also. With Washington and Cain on the field at the same time, it stresses most teams.

This offense, if Duck keeps progressing, could be deadly going into the playoffs.

I don't think the offense under Duck will ever be deadly. Good enough to accidently win 1 playoff game, maybe.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Cain was a good snag. He will, imo, easily be in rotation of even 5 WRs and takes away an immediate need for us to draft another one.

Yeah, I agree with that. I kind of like this WR group we have. We've got 4 interesting guys in Washington, Diontae, JuJu, and Cain. We may look for a vet to fill out the room because Holton and Tevin Jones aren't the answer as WRs. Or a late round big bodied, possession guy. 

1 hour ago, armsteeld said:

but I like his play calling.

I dont like his game calling, his game planning, his personnel usage, his route combination and concepts, his use of the personnel in general, his approach in situational football, his ......well, everything. 

He doesn't have an identity and his strange usage of personnel (2nd and 10 being an auto 2/3TE set) or his usage of Wildcat inside our own 20 -- an not just wildcat, but THROWING wildcat -- those are just simple examples but they rear their head week in and week out. 

Couple that with the fact that from the Pats game until the cards game we had picked up 2 first downs (both in the same game, drive ended with an INT) on opening drives and scored a total of 3 points (San Fran turnover in field goal range). That speaks directly to his preparation and understanding of both his team and his opponent. This is also a carry over problem from last year with Ben. 

We have completely eliminated the WR screen game, to help the run. We use Johnny Holton as our lone threat in 1 WR sets (scary!), we cannot for the live of us run a screen, and we are terrible in situational understanding like being uber conservative all game but all of a sudden deciding to throw and stop the clock in the cardinals game. 

I ranted. I do not like Fichtner. Our offense has looked the best when its "four letter F word" time and we have to let Duck wing it after the offense sputters for 6 straight drives like the end of the half against the Browns. Im actually just going to end it here, because I will rant again.