Mitchell Trubisky's last few games

ChicagoRaider14

26 minutes ago, ChicagoRaider14 said:

I think most could agree that Mitch's play over the past three weeks has been substantially better since the Eagles game, getting better every week -- slowly figuring it out.

Does anyone think Mitch is still salvageable?

Yes, but I'm a unicorn on this board. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Yes, but I'm a unicorn on this board. 

I'm with you.

Our team is trash.

We were picking number 3 the year we took Mitch; so, we were trash when we picked him. Moreover, our team was bad in the years before we picked Mitch.

This guy never had a chance.

All the top QBs in the NFL this year besides Wilson have one thing in common -- great offensive lines and great skill players.

Coincidence?

• Like 1

The problem is he can look good on a few drives and then launch that absolutely stupid pick at the end of the game which against a better team might have rendered a loss. This is year 3. How much better is it going to get? We have good skill players. He's starring down Robinson 99 percent of the time. 

The question is are you ready to name him the starter for the Chicago Bears in 2020? 

Edited by GOGRIESE

I don't know if he's staring down Robinson 99 percent of the time.  Robinson has been the only consistent receiver we have had.  Burton has been MIA all year, Gabriel has had the dropsies all year, and Miller has just recently started producing.  I think Trubisky is showing progress, and even though I am not ready to anoint him the starter next year, I'm hopeful he can continue to make progress this year.  

I think he is salvagable, but he needs to go somewhere where he can run a simpler system and have someone fix his mechanics while he sits. Or just somewhere where they have an offense of mine that really develops quarterbacks.

LAR and SF fit the first one,  NE, KC and NO seem to fit the second.

8 hours ago, ChicagoRaider14 said:

I think most could agree that Mitch's play over the past three weeks has been substantially better since the Eagles game, getting better every week -- slowly figuring it out.

Does anyone think Mitch is still salvageable?

You do realize that you are celebrating a 69 QB rating performance and the 2nd worst performance against the brutal Giants defense this season?

8 hours ago, ChicagoRaider14 said:

I'm with you.

Our team is trash.

We were picking number 3 the year we took Mitch; so, we were trash when we picked him. Moreover, our team was bad in the years before we picked Mitch.

This guy never had a chance.

All the top QBs in the NFL this year besides Wilson have one thing in common -- great offensive lines and great skill players.

Coincidence?

Our OL has 4 guys making 9 million/season and a 2nd round pick.

Our WRs have a 15/season, 6/season, 2nd round pick

Our TEs have 9/season, 2nd round pick

I expect you application for the fire Pace movement any day.

I look at Trubisky belief now like I do climate change deniers.

There is just a mountain of evidence that says he sucks, but we pick one or two plays where he makes a play and we hold onto it.

Climate change is a myth because it snowed in  Alabama.

Mitch can be a good QB because he made that one great pass to Taylor Gabriel.

• Like 1

He is backup material in my mind. He will tease you with some great throws (like the one to Gabriel for the two point conversion or the 60 yarder to Robinson that never was because of a flag). He will never be consistent. He could go for 100 yards and no TDs to 300 yards and 2 picks to 250 yards and 3 TDs. How do you plan for such volatility. 

Let's keep drafting QBs. 

11 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

He is backup material in my mind. He will tease you with some great throws (like the one to Gabriel for the two point conversion or the 60 yarder to Robinson that never was because of a flag). He will never be consistent. He could go for 100 yards and no TDs to 300 yards and 2 picks to 250 yards and 3 TDs. How do you plan for such volatility. 

Let's keep drafting QBs. 

This is an excellent point about the volatility.

34 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

This is an excellent point about the volatility.

It really reminds me of when Jamarcus Webb played OT for us. Mike Tice struggled to create an offensive game plan with his OT either playing decent or so horrible nothing worked. Not that he was a great OC to begin with.

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He has sunk so low that I am not sure how we are suppose to see a meteoric rise to more than average?

I'm going to reassess at the end of the season. This game I saw him actually run the offense. Checks at the line, changing plays / formation, etc. Is this the "202" Nagy was talking about? 

The second INT was garbage and Trubisky knows it. Let's see what he does on Thursday at the Lions. 

Edited by G08