Coaching staff over haul

coachbuns

14 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

The Packers front office did not want to pay for coveted, high-priced STs coach Darren Rizzi after last season because they were still paying McCarthy and his merry band of coaching misfits many millions of dollars to sit home this season.

With all the cash being doled out to McCarthy's staff (hopefully) off the books in 2020, perhaps a move away from Mennenga after just one year is not that far-fetched.

Glad we can add "cheap shortsighted ownership" to the list of things wrong with this organization. 

Our ownership went cheap on the ST coach, and our GM traded away our best ST player. This is exactly the ST units that the organization deserves right now.

• Like 2

Think this tread is ridiculous.  New coaching staff and we are 8-3.  Way ahead of expectations and you guys are calling for heads?  Give them time to figure things out Rome wasn't built in a day.  For God's sakes.  Special teams does totally suck but I blame that in part on Gute for trading away Davis.  We don't have a returner.  Come playoffs we can use Alexander that's what I would do.  Give the new staff some time before calling for heads.  A little over the top if you ask me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Think this tread is ridiculous.  New coaching staff and we are 8-3.  Way ahead of expectations and you guys are calling for heads?  Give them time to figure things out Rome wasn't built in a day.  For God's sakes.  Special teams does totally suck but I blame that in part on Gute for trading away Davis.  We don't have a returner.  Come playoffs we can use Alexander that's what I would do.  Give the new staff some time before calling for heads.  A little over the top if you ask me.

Basically put this out  there because there are some that think the sky is falling and we are 8-3.  Just "checking" to see what some really think the problem is if they aren't happy with that record.  Nothing more than that.  I personally think things are going better than anybody expected except for special teams ... disaster except for field goals. 

MLF didn't get the coaches he really wanted like his brother. While he liked Hackett, he was not the one he wanted. I think Getsy was better at being a WR coach. He only came back because he got to coach Rodgers. Getsy is probably a better choice to replace Hackett at this point or get back into coaching the WRs because Whitted is not good as a coach. Mennenga was another one he was forced to settle with.

Edited by Fox_NFLs_GG

48 minutes ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

MLF didn't get the coaches he really wanted like his brother. While he liked Hackett, he was not the one he wanted. I think Getsy was better at being a WR coach. He only came back because he got to coach Rodgers. Getsy is probably a better choice to replace Hackett at this point or get back into coaching the WRs because Whitted is not good as a coach. Mennenga was another one he was forced to settle with.

Dude's brother won't even work for him, what a turd.

Didn't everyone hate Getsy as the WR coach too? Or am I confused on that.

Edited by Norm

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Dude's brother won't even work for him, what a turd.

Didn't everyone hate Getsy as the WR coach too? Or am I confused on that.

Sorry Norm, that isn't correct and not nice  ... Le Fluer's brother was blocked by 49er's head coach Shanahan from leaving and doing anything with the Packers.  He's bound by contract to stay with 49ers until the end of next season.  He wanted to come over but couldn't ... you owe the turd an apology.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Sorry Norm, that isn't correct and not nice  ... Le Fluer's brother was blocked by 49er's head coach Shanahan from leaving and doing anything with the Packers.  He's bound by contract to stay with 49ers until the end of next season.  He wanted to come over but couldn't ... you owe the turd an apology.

Did they not teach you how to detect sarcasm at your 1920s rural schoolhouse?

EDIT: More seriously, that's bull****. I know the assistant is an assistant rule or whatever but him being an OC was clearly a promotion.

Edited by Norm

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

Nope, not my thing to try and figure out your thoughts.  Some may detect your attempt at sarcasm if that's indeed what you intended; others maybe don't.   By the way, rural yes but it was way later than a 1920's schoolhouse.  It's not a bad thing to live outside the big city, it really isn't.  

Edit:  Wrong Norm, look it up anywhere.  Shanahan blocked the move .. sorry my friend, no bull.... 

Edited by coachbuns

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Nope, not my thing to try and figure out your thoughts.  Some may detect your attempt at sarcasm if that's indeed what you intended; others maybe don't.   By the way, rural yes but it was way later than a 1920's schoolhouse.  It's not a bad thing to live outside the big city, it really isn't. 

I've lived in <500 population towns most of my life. I was just making a garbage as joke. 

I wish you had seen my edit, I think it's BS that when something is clearly a promotion that these coaches get blocked......to go work for his brother no less, if we're saying he wanted him as OC, IDK if he did or not.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I've lived in <500 population towns most of my life. I was just making a garbage as joke. 

I wish you had seen my edit, I think it's BS that when something is clearly a promotion that these coaches get blocked......to go work for his brother no less, if we're saying he wanted him as OC, IDK if he did or not.

Very good Norm, very good.   I'm a 67 year old ex coach/sports fan who doesn't want to try and figure out thinking between the lines.   Much rather get hit between the eyes with something ... that I can figure out.  And yes, it was bullsh.. he couldn't come to the Packers ... we could really use him.