Week 2 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (1-0) vs. Tennessee Titans (0-1)

.Buzz

Very big game coming up against the main team to worry about in the division. Some keys to the game/matchups in this one:

1) Jaguars OL vs. Titans DL

Do we get more dominance out of the OL? Against the Texans last week we had our rookie running back go over 100 yards in his first NFL game along with zero sacks allowed against one of the better front 7's in the NFL. Titans have some serious talent along the DL as well with Jurrell Casey, Brian Orakpo, Derrick Morgan, etc. Going to be interesting to see if they can keep it up and put the poor preseason even farther back in the rear-view mirror. 

2) Jaguars DL vs. Titans OL

As usual, both of the main matchups to watch are along the trenches on both sides. The Jaguars straight up dominated a fairly poor offensive line this past week with 10 sacks and helping create four turnovers. This week they have a much tougher task against Tennessee. Can they still get good pressure? This may very well decide if we can start 2-0.

3) Blake Bortles vs. himself

This season is going to live and die pending on Blake Bortles and his decision making. As we saw in week 1, we want to pound the football to keep the ball out of his hands/take the pressure off while playing great defense. As long as Bortles doesn't make any backbreaking mistakes setting the Titans up for points, we should be in this game.

gif.gif

USATSI_9767100_1482633787214_7460792_ver

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

A press conference just to announce things are status quo, lel.

Eh, was more so announcing that this is about the city coming together and thanking the first responders and people who helped keep JAX safe.

28 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yup, we knocked them out of the playoff race. I'd say they were probably more hungry then...

I've always thought that the whole "team is extra motivated" or team is "hungry" stuff is pretty overblown. These are professional athletes that (for the majority of the league) have 16 days a year where they have to get fired up. If it takes anything more than it being a NFL Sunday to get a team motivated, they're in trouble regardless.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I've always thought that the whole "team is extra motivated" or team is "hungry" stuff is pretty overblown. These are professional athletes that (for the majority of the league) have 16 days a year where they have to get fired up. If it takes anything more than it being a NFL Sunday to get a team motivated, they're in trouble regardless.

Agreed. Just replying to JC's statement as its not like we havent played you guys in a big spot before (not sure week 2 counts aa that though).

Just now, .Buzz said:

Agreed. Just replying to JC's statement as its not like we havent played you guys in a big spot before (not sure week 2 counts aa that though).

Yeah I know, it's just something I see a ton and I've always found the entire concept weird. I can understand the argument in baseball, where you're playing 162 games and it's virtually impossible to be fired up before every first pitch. But if you need bulletin board material to get up for a NFL game, you're just doing it wrong.

Archived