Jump to content
.Buzz

Week 2 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (1-0) vs. Tennessee Titans (0-1)

Recommended Posts

.Buzz    129
1 minute ago, iPwn said:

There’s talent. But lucky for us, every single expected starter is out there on defense. Because they don’t have an answer behind them once the inevitable injuries crop up. And the entire offense is a mess. And our Kicker is garbo.

What team isn't going to have a big time drop off from their starters to backups? Of course if one of Ramsey, Campbell, Jack, Telvin, Bouye, Yannick, etc. were to go down it'd hurt a lot and we wouldn't have a guy that could step in and pick right up where it left off. Very few teams can do that.

The entire offense ran the ball with authority against 8 men in the box against a good defense a week ago and thoroughly dominated Watt/Mercilus/Clowney/McKinney etc.

Was a brutally awful day but we were very much into it until three turnovers on offense/multiple penalties causing 1st and 20+ while having zero chance at having any resemblence of an NFL passing game. Bortles is going to have to make a couple throws that make a defense at least somewhat respect it for our offense to do much. No RB can have long term success against stacked boxes like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iPwn    317
2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

What team isn't going to have a big time drop off from their starters to backups? Of course if one of Ramsey, Campbell, Jack, Telvin, Bouye, Yannick, etc. were to go down it'd hurt a lot and we wouldn't have a guy that could step in and pick right up where it left off. Very few teams can do that.

Pick up right where they left off? No. But this team’s situation with backups and depth is bottom 2 in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

What team isn't going to have a big time drop off from their starters to backups? Of course if one of Ramsey, Campbell, Jack, Telvin, Bouye, Yannick, etc. were to go down it'd hurt a lot and we wouldn't have a guy that could step in and pick right up where it left off. Very few teams can do that.

The entire offense ran the ball with authority against 8 men in the box against a good defense a week ago and thoroughly dominated Watt/Mercilus/Clowney/McKinney etc.

Was a brutally awful day but we were very much into it until three turnovers on offense/multiple penalties causing 1st and 20+ while having zero chance at having any resemblence of an NFL passing game. Bortles is going to have to make a couple throws that make a defense at least somewhat respect it for our offense to do much. No RB can have long term success against stacked boxes like that.

it doesnt Help when our WRs cant seperate and drop balls that hit them in the hands and you cant have an Open wr and then underthrow him either.

our team seems devoid of true playmakers at the skill guys who are consistent outside of Fournette. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.Buzz    129
Just now, LinderFournette said:

it doesnt Help when our WRs cant seperate and drop balls that hit them in the hands and you cant have an Open wr and then underthrow him either.

our team seems devoid of true playmakers at the skill guys who are consistent outside of Fournette. 

That 2nd interception Bortles threw was to Lee on a slant route that was 5-8 yards past the line of scrimmage and threw it wayyy behind him. That's an inteception waiting to happen for most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

That 2nd interception Bortles threw was to Lee on a slant route that was 5-8 yards past the line of scrimmage and threw it wayyy behind him. That's an inteception waiting to happen for most.

yes but at the same token your wrs need to get open and make themselves visible.  Lee for all purposes so far can take a walk. most of blakes Ints seem to come from targetting him more then any wr. i dont feel like digging to find it but it seemed like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.Buzz    129
Just now, LinderFournette said:

yes but at the same token your wrs need to get open and make themselves visible.  Lee for all purposes so far can take a walk. most of blakes Ints seem to come from targetting him more then any wr. i dont feel like digging to find it but it seemed like it. 

No doubt, WR's need to step up their game and Lee has been bad. Just saying Blake pretty much needs everything to go perfectly like last week (OL completely mauls their defense, run game runs all over their defense, our defense get multiple turnovers/defensive TD, etc.) for him to play decently. If there is any pressure for our passing game to do anything it's just an absolute blunder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingTitan    20

A decent QB and your team is a battling for the division championship multiple years and a playoff regular.  The corners alone are so good. Makes it hard to complete the simplest of passes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.Buzz    129
5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Next week will be tough. Ravens have forced 10 turnovers in two games...........

Can't say I feel all that confident against them. Blake is a turnover machine+that defense. Really hope I'm wrong.

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

And Marcedes Lewis is useless btw

Pretty much. 

Edited by .Buzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
corry    9
19 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I just got a jump start on your clowns. @corry is passed out in the corner

 I died a little this weekend. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tugboat    68
On 9/17/2017 at 7:33 PM, KingTitan said:

A decent QB and your team is a battling for the division championship multiple years and a playoff regular.  The corners alone are so good. Makes it hard to complete the simplest of passes.

 

I just honestly don't think at this point, this team would even know how to use a "decent" quarterback to maximum effect.  They've shown no ability to work around strengths/limitations with the scrubs they have.  You could bring Alex Smith in here tomorrow and they'd probably have him throwing deep shots all day, to receivers who can't catch, behind a line that can't hold up to obvious passing situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.Buzz    129
1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

I just honestly don't think at this point, this team would even know how to use a "decent" quarterback to maximum effect.  They've shown no ability to work around strengths/limitations with the scrubs they have.  You could bring Alex Smith in here tomorrow and they'd probably have him throwing deep shots all day, to receivers who can't catch, behind a line that can't hold up to obvious passing situations.

Feel like it's hard to tell about that at this point. This crew wanted to go the ground and pound route with a good defense because the last couple years we've allowed Blake to play his style and he's been a turnover machine making it impossible to win. Not sure I'm going to go all the way and say that if we got a talented QB behind center that we'd force him to do what we're doing with Blake, at least once he gets his feet under him at this level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingTitan    20
12 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I just honestly don't think at this point, this team would even know how to use a "decent" quarterback to maximum effect.  They've shown no ability to work around strengths/limitations with the scrubs they have.  You could bring Alex Smith in here tomorrow and they'd probably have him throwing deep shots all day, to receivers who can't catch, behind a line that can't hold up to obvious passing situations.

Well, would they be super bowl contenders? I don't think so. But, I think ya'll would be leaps and bounds more competitive if you did have a QB with a glimmer of confidence.  Like Logan Ryan said, "it's pretty obvious they don't trust their QB situation." 
That defense has the ingredients to wreck shop.  They could be and might end up being a top 10 defense. It is just so hard to pass against. But a QB that can do more than throw slant routes (when he can) would be awesome.

I was so frustrated watching the game, like Bortles isn't going to take a chance. He is going to throw that slant all day, if he can. I wanted them to just to clog that slant lane for easy picks.

 This is a good year or good time for the Jags to try to take a step forward. With Houston on the downward tick and the Colts in limbo, it could be like the "good ol days" of Titans and Jags battling it out for the division. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×