Let's talk about Corey Davis

deeluxx3

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

This is what is trending to be true. I will be sad as a Titans fan but happy he won’t be stuck in WR purgatory here with us any longer and can show what he can do.

This is why I feel JRob has to demand vrabel upgrade the OC position, given the draft capital & financial investment in the WR position 🤷🏽‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Evans was great before Arians came along. So was Hopkins before Watson. Odell produced with bad coordinators and average QB play most of the time in NY, so did Thielen and Diggs in Minny. So did Julio, save for the year he had Shanahan, so did Green, save for the year he had Jackson, and the list can go on and on.

OBJ has seen a noticable drop off since moving to Cleveland, but still considerably better production than what we've seen from Davis.

Davis just isn't in the league with those special guys and I don't think anyone should expect him to ever be at this point.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrei01 said:

Evans was great before Arians came along. So was Hopkins before Watson. Odell produced with bad coordinators and average QB play most of the time in NY, so did Thielen and Diggs in Minny. So did Julio, save for the year he had Shanahan, so did Green, save for the year he had Jackson, and the list can go on and on.

Bill O’Brien offensive Genius Hopkins play with a guy that knows how to scheme players open, Julio had a QB from the jump & Atlanta always had a high power offense even before Shanahan. Roddy white Michael turner Tony Gonzales. Odell played with Eli Manning a HOF QB. Thilen & Diggs 🗣Norv Turner HOF OC with 3 Super Bowls he understands X0’s like again who do we have as a OC with a Brain 🤔 

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

OBJ has seen a noticable drop off since moving to Cleveland, but still considerably better production than what we've seen from Davis.

Davis just isn't in the league with those special guys and I don't think anyone should expect him to ever be at this point.

Sure, but he established himself as an elite player well before this year, and no bad OC he had to work with in NY was ever going to deny him that.

6 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I think Davis can be as good as Diggs maybe Michael Thomas.. Michael Thomas wins off route running & physicality he’s not a blazer he simply just know how to get open 

2 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Sure, but he established himself as an elite player well before this year, and no bad OC he had to work with in NY was ever going to deny him that.

And he had a HOF QB throwing him the ball. All Ds guys have QB or a OC that understands X’s & O’s & a few have both. We just got a QB still missing a OC 🤷🏽‍♂️

7 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Bill O’Brien offensive Genius Hopkins play with a guy that knows how to scheme players open, Julio had a QB from the jump & Atlanta always had a high power offense even before Shanahan. Roddy white Michael turner Tony Gonzales. Odell played with Eli Manning a HOF QB. Thilen & Diggs 🗣Norv Turner HOF OC with 3 Super Bowls he understands X0’s like again who do we have as a OC with a Brain 🤔 

Evans hasn't played for an offensive genius, nor has he had a future HoFer throwing him the ball. Neither did Green. And if I wasn't as lazy to come up with names off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more examples out there.

At this point, I almost have to wish Davis goes elsewhere to help restore some faith that this organization isn't the talent killer it's made out to be by some of you people, and he's not going to be Michael Thomas no matter where he lands.

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

And he had a HOF QB throwing him the ball. All Ds guys have QB or a OC that understands X’s & O’s & a few have both. We just got a QB still missing a OC 🤷🏽‍♂️

When Odell got paired up with Eli, he was already past his better days. Didn't help that they both were stuck with poor scheming and play calling. And yet Odell emerged as a superstar, despite all of that.

But hey, maybe we should sign Eli this upcoming offseason to help turn Davis into an elite player like that.

Just now, Andrei01 said:

Evans hasn't played for an offensive genius, nor has he had a future HoFer throwing him the ball. Neither did Green. And if I wasn't as lazy to come up with names off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more examples out there.

At this point, I almost have to wish Davis goes elsewhere to help restore some faith that this organization isn't the talent killer it's made out to be by some of you people, and he's not going to be Michael Thomas no matter where he lands.

Evans played for some good OC’s though & jamies Winston is a talented thrower at QB he may  be stupid but he can throw from the pocket hint he has 2 1000 yard receiver therefore he had a QB. Who has Davis had a QB & OC again 🤔 now bring up Matthews production he pretty much played in the slot his time here, which is mariota strong point throwing the middle of the field, when do you ever see the Titans play Davis anywhere inside 🤔. He’s always on the outside & mariota can’t drive the ball outside the #’s. Like I said you put him with a QB & a OC he can easily be a 1000 yard receiver. A guy you can compare Him to is Demaryius Thomas the guy was looking like a bust his 1st 2 years what happened 🗣Peyton Manning 

When Odell got paired up with Eli, he was already past his better days. Didn't help that they both were stuck with poor scheming and play calling. And yet Odell emerged as a superstar, despite all of that.

But hey, maybe we should sign Eli this upcoming offseason to help turn Davis into an elite player like that.

You said Eli Manning was past his prime Odell rookie year Eli threw 30 TD’s the 2nd most in his career & over 4400 yards the 3rd most in his career, & the next yr he threw 35 TD’s & threw over the  2nd most yards in his career. Now the next yr he started to decline but still threw over 4k yards & 26 TDs. & the yr after that Odell broke his ankle & Eli fell off 🤔 so how are you past your prime again

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Evans played for some good OC’s though & jamies Winston is a talented thrower at QB he may  be stupid but he can throw from the pocket hint he has 2 1000 yard receiver therefore he had a QB. Who has Davis had a QB & OC again 🤔 now bring up Matthews production he pretty much played in the slot his time here, which is mariota strong point throwing the middle of the field, when do you ever see the Titans play Davis anywhere inside 🤔. He’s always on the outside & mariota can’t drive the ball outside the #’s. Like I said you put him with a QB & a OC he can easily be a 1000 yard receiver. A guy you can compare Him to is Demaryius Thomas the guy was looking like a bust his 1st 2 years what happened 🗣Peyton Manning 

No one was calling DT a bust before Peyton got there. He was almost always hurt, but the talent was there and he showed it when he was playing. That's one of the reasons many were excited to see him paired up with Peyton.

I have no idea who the good OCs that Evans played for before Arians are, I'm quite certain they aren't any more offensive geniuses than Mularkey or LaFleur are.

Yes, Mariota struggling to throw outside the numbers has been an issue, and that's a fine point to bring up.

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

You said Eli Manning was past his prime Odell rookie year Eli threw 30 TD’s the 2nd most in his career & over 4400 yards the 3rd most in his career, & the next yr he threw 35 TD’s & threw over the  2nd most yards in his career. Now the next yr he started to decline but still threw over 4k yards & 26 TDs. & the yr after that Odell broke his ankle & Eli fell off 🤔 so how are you past your prime again

I'm a half Titans/half Giants fan, I think I mentioned this before. And so I love Eli, but the main reason he was putting those numbers is Odell. Not the other way around.

Edited by Andrei01

15 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

So again what has Davis had to work with, you say he can’t be no Michael Thomas how you know, you do realize how many targets MT gets a game, go do your research on how many yards the next receiver has playing for the saints. The past 3 years. It’s a joke before cook signed this offseason their offense was a 2 back system & Michael Thomas Kamara was 2nd in receiving yards on the team. Davis is rarely targeted on this team. But go back & watch the phili game, the patriot game, the cowboys game. Games we made him a focal point of the offense & actually Target him 🤔

No one was calling DT a bust before Peyton got there. He was almost always hurt, but the talent was there and he showed it when he was playing. That's one of the reasons many were excited to see him paired up with Peyton.

I have no idea who the good OCs that Evans played for before Arians are, I'm quite certain they aren't any more offensive geniuses than Mularkey or LaFleur are.

Yes, Mariota struggling to throw outside the numbers has been an issue, and that's a fine point to bring up.

Tampa had Dirk kotter was calling plays when Evans started in Tampa & Dirk Kotter was a Hell of a OC, he worked for the falcons before Shanahan was there the years they had, Michael Turner, Julio Roddy white, Tony Gonzales. again a OC that understands X’s & O’s