Week 13: VIKINGS (8-3) at Seahawks (9-2)

swede700

Game 12

NFL_Vikings.gif at     NFL_Seahawks.gif

When:  8:15 PM EST December 2nd

Where: CenturyLink Field (Seattle, WA)

TV/Radio: ESPN (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers: Joe Tessitore, Booger McFarland, Lisa Salters

Coverage Map: National

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: WR Adam Thielen (hamstring), DT Linval Joseph (knee), DT Shamar Stephen (knee), S Harrison Smith (hamstring), S Anthony Harris (groin), Doubtful: None, Out: LB Ben Gedeon (concussion)

Seahawks - Questionable: TE Luke Willson (hamstring), DE Jadeveon Clowney (core), DT Jarran Reed (ankle), DT Al Woods (ankle), LB Marvin Kendricks (hamstring), Doubtful: RB Nick Bellore (quad), CB Nelko Thorpe (groin), Out: None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

I'll be at the game!!! Super excited to see my favorite team in one of my favorite cities. 

Still, this is one of the hardest places to play in the NFL, and the Seahawks are playing excellent football. The Vikings haven't been great after bye weeks under Zimmer. I'm hoping for the W, but expecting the L in a tight, hard-fought game. 

Vikings 20, Seahawks 27

***reverse psychology***

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I'll be at the game!!! Super excited to see my favorite team in one of my favorite cities. 

Still, this is one of the hardest places to play in the NFL, and the Seahawks are playing excellent football. The Vikings haven't been great after bye weeks under Zimmer. I'm hoping for the W, but expecting the L in a tight, hard-fought game. 

Vikings 20, Seahawks 27

***reverse psychology***

That's great...let's hope they win for you...the only time I was there was the Sunday Night game when Shaun Alexander ran all over them when it was still known as Seahawks Stadium. 

Just now, swede700 said:

That's great...let's hope they win for you...the only time I was there was the Sunday Night game when Shaun Alexander ran all over them when it was still known as Seahawks Stadium. 

If they win, I'm taking the credit. If they lose, it's my friend's fault. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Unfortunately, the Vikings never really sho up when it matters. Since this is after a bye, against a top team, and on the road, I don't think we win at all. I hope we do, but my hopes are not high.

To quote the best Minnesota football coach going right now, it's time for them to "change their best."  Why not them?  Why not now?  

• Like 1

Vikings coming off a bye against a mobile QB on the road in primetime. That's the four things the Vikings have struggled with the most. It would be very impressive for them to win this game, but no matter what I believe they will give us a performance to be proud of. The positives going into this would be that the Vikings are coming off a bye, so there should be no hangover from any prior games. The Seahawks are also coming off a tough road win against the Eagles, which may cause them to start or finish the game slow.

Edit: Also didn't mention that this an outdoor game, so it's an opportunity for Kirk to combat the narrative building that he struggles outdoors. Against a pretty average defense I think he will have plenty of opportunities to make big plays.

Edited by Nozizaki

Seahawks are 6-0 on the road this year and 3-2 at home (Wins: Bengals 21-20, Rams 30-29, Bucs 40-34 OT, Losses: Saints 33-27, Ravens 30-16).

Regardless of the score last year we played them tough for ~57 minutes. I know it is a different year but I think we can go in there and compete. Hopefully the offense has prepared a solid game plan with the extra time-off and doesn't pull a Kansas City game plan coming off of Thursday Night Football.

Last years box score: https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401030867

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Vikings coming off a bye against a mobile QB on the road in primetime. That's the four things the Vikings have struggled with the most. It would be very impressive for them to win this game, but no matter what I believe they will give us a performance to be proud of. The positives going into this would be that the Vikings are coming off a bye, so there should be no hangover from any prior games. The Seahawks are also coming off a tough road win against the Eagles, which may cause them to start or finish the game slow.

I hope that the bye week gets them level set again. The Cowboys win was emotional and they came out flat against Denver. The Denver win was emotional, let’s hope that two weeks removed from that game plus several starters getting healthy helps.