Week 13: VIKINGS (8-3) at Seahawks (9-2)

swede700

3 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Miss the days when Seattle was one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Saw on the little post game glimpses they give on RedZone that Russell Wilson is the first QB in NFL history to have a winning season in each of his first eight seasons.

Must be nice...

8 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Miss the days when Seattle was one of the worst teams in the NFL.

When was that?  Outside of a brief time at the end of Holmgren's tenure, they haven't been really bad since the early 90s when Tom Flores was head coach (post-Ground Chuck).  

Not going to lie, I can't fill myself with the purple Kool-Aid and convince myself we're going to win this one.

However, Zimmer did shut Wilson down completely (10/20...73 yards....1 INT) last year but the offense was absolutely brutal and only scored with 1:17 left in the game.

This is a game I look at as a game where if the Vikings can't at least compete and make a game out of it, the playoffs won't look promising. If we win this game, then it might be time to consider the Vikings one of the top teams in the league rather than that "2nd tier" of teams (Packers, Chiefs, Vikings, Texans, Bills, etc) I think we're in (First tier teams include Pats, Ravens, 9ers, Seattle, Saints, etc.).

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Wundy said:

While Seattle has struggled at home this year, they seem to be getting better as the season goes on. Tie that in with this being a prime-time game and the fact we haven't beat Seattle since 2009 has me worried about this one. 

Pete Carroll's teams tend to struggle early on and then play better as the season progresses, much like the Patriots have played under Bill Belichick.

51 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

We’re due. 

Yes, SF helped us out. Time to pay it back.

I think besides the obvious feeding our top dogs (Cook, Diggs and Thielen) our biggest challenge will be stopping Wilson from scrambling around to make big plays, stopping any ordinary deep ball and getting the ball to bounce our way.

Seattle will likely be the biggest test we face all season. In terms of just making the playoffs, its not a must win game, but if we want to win the division, this one is an absolute must.

Let's go silent the critics, stop the talk about Green Bay and start the talk about Minnesota.

Skol Vikings!!

• Like 2

If the Vikings are going to go to the Super Bowl this year they are going to have to win on the road against a playoff team at some point. They can either do it in this game and go earn home field in the divisional round of the playoffs or they can go on the road three times in the playoffs.

Beating Seattle this week is the easiest path.

Get 'er done!

• Like 4

Analyzing this matchup, what I see that the Vikings need to take advantage of is the matchup of their TEs against Seattle. Seattle's defense looks weak against TEs having given up 70 receptions to TEs on 100 targets this year and five TDs. The Seahawks are giving up on average more than 10 yards per reception to TEs this year.

Meanwhile, Kyle Rudolph is rolling having scored five TDs in the Vikings last five games along with a two-point conversion. I want to see Stefanski and Cousins get Smith Jr and Rudolph going in this game concentrating on Smith between the 20s and Rudolph in the red zone. Exploiting that matchup looks to be a strong candidate as key component to offensive success for the Vikings.

And if it looks like that isn't working early, it sure is nice to have contingency plans that involve Diggs, Thielen, and Cook, which are really the main plan.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Wundy said:

While Seattle has struggled at home this year, they seem to be getting better as the season goes on. 

The Quandre Diggs trade was huge for them. Their FS had been a complete liability in deep coverage.

The Lions were crazy to move Diggs for such a small return. 

• Like 1

I will watch how Thielen acts on the sideline if not getting the ball. In no way, I'm saying Thielen is a diva but he will start to complain and Kirk usually starts forcing the ball to him. Diggs while having some frustration moments on the sidelines, for the most part, stayed away from Kirk. 

One thing Kirk has been doing well during this hot streak is going to the open receiver and being decisive. Thielen is great and will be needed but I'm a concern he can open the door for old Kirk to return. 

Edited by dc_vikingfan