Week 13: VIKINGS (8-3) at Seahawks (9-2)

swede700

10 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

He was throwing to who he had available. No issues with the way 8 played tonight. 

Other than missing Smith on the 3rd down. 

And the 4th down, this is on Stefanski too, but I would've gone to Rudolph. He had made 2 huge contested catches and is proven in those situations

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

Where's the defensive genius? I stand by my opinion.... He was a genius when all the first round picks were defense....

So what about all of those other decades of success, that was just the draft capital doing all of the work? Aren’t those same first round picks on the team now?

I’m not saying he can’t do better, but you can’t have it both ways.

11 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

So what about all of those other decades of success, that was just the draft capital doing all of the work? Aren’t those same first round picks on the team now?

I’m not saying he can’t do better, but you can’t have it both ways.

Decades? Not in Minnesota. He's over rated

The defense is getting a lot of flack, rightly so after this game. But let’s not pretend that this isn’t a defense that is statistically a top 10 defense. Sure, it has regressed quite significantly from the halcyon years, but it’s still good enough. 

I think the defense gets materially better if Rhodes is benched. Also need to figure out how to stop the run. No idea how that happens. Also, it could just be that Seattle has a phenomenal run game and outschemed us. Summer historically has done well adjusting to passing games, but the run D hasn’t been a real problem until now. 

We we shall see how he adjusts. Realistically, we were in a game that we knew would be tough with a small margin for error. Difficult watch? Sure. But far from a disaster. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Decades? Not in Minnesota. He's over rated

That’s deflecting, but this really isn’t the place for this conversation.

I’d suggest that Rhodes’s poor play, missed tackles, and Linval being less than 100% have more to do with tonight’s loss than a successful scheme spanning two franchises and 10+ years turning out to be fraudulent. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Diggs used to have safest hands in the league last season...he has been really sloppy this year...4 fumbles and lot of dropped passes...2 of them even led to interceptions

He should apologize to Cousins. Oh and not skip practice/meetings.This is how he plays after all that passive aggressive bull****?

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, HitStickAllDay said:

The defense is getting a lot of flack, rightly so after this game. But let’s not pretend that this isn’t a defense that is statistically a top 10 defense. Sure, it has regressed quite significantly from the halcyon years, but it’s still good enough. 

Vikings pass defense was ranked 16th before this week (DVOA)....it's been a concern for quite sometime, the interior pass rush ranks dead last in league in pressures generated.

9 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

He should apologize to Cousins. Oh and not skip practice/meetings.This is how he plays after all that passive aggressive bull****?

It's just weird how the guy who had 0 or 1 drops all season last year suddenly has lot of sloppy plays..he also leads the league among WRs with 4 fumbles...I think he will be alright. Getting Thielen back should also help in freeing up Diggs bit more. He won't get much blame though...since Cousins signed here, whenever Vikings lose, he pretty much gets majority of the attention/blame (sometimes rightfully) irrespective of whether he was the issue or not. 

Edited by upriser7

2 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

It's just weird how the guy who had 0 or 1 drops all season last year suddenly has lot of sloppy plays..he also leads the league among WRs with 4 fumbles...I think he will be alright. Getting Thielen back should also help in freeing up Diggs bit more. He won't get much blame though...since Cousins signed here, whenever Vikings lose, he pretty much gets majority of the attention/blame (defense too recently) irrespective of whether he was the issue or not. 

Not much blame for Cousins tonight. He played well. This game was simply about the Defense’s inability to hold up in the run game and Xavier Rhodes’ continued terrible play. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

Not much blame for Cousins tonight. He played well. This game was simply about the Defense’s inability to hold up in the run game and Xavier Rhodes’ continued terrible play. 

Other than secondary, there is a big issue with pass rush. Hunter and Griffen are great but that interior pass rush sucks, a big reason why they aren't able to generate enough pressure on opposing QBs. Even Seahawks who have a below par OL managed to allow pressures on only 12% of dropbacks tonight. That lack of interior pass rush is gonna be a big issue whenever they face any decent offense.

• Like 1