Week #12 Steelers vs. Browns Backyard Brawl Part 2

Steeler Hitman

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

In fairness, they have 1st rd QB...we have been playing with backup project QBs.

Honestly, I wish we wouldve drafted LJ.

I'm no longer expecting anything from Rudolph, I'm already ready to permanently move on from him and let Hodges have the #2 job which I think he will have next season. We need to seriously make a point to get a QB to replace Ben in the next 2 seasons.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Correlation =/= causation. Our running game has looked better because (a) we've stuck with it and (b) we're running power as opposed to outside.

I think it has a lot to do with Samuels not getting many touches anymore either. But I still believe Pounceys days as a member of this team are numbered. I think next season might be his last. Same with Foster and AV. 

13 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

And winning in spite of Fichtner. Curious as to where the Fire Tomlin brigade is. 

I'll take the bait.

I actually will eat some crow and admit that I think Tomlin has done a pretty good job with circumstances this year; BUT, it comes with some "buts"

If he can go 7-5 (which projects to 9 or 10 win season) with Rudolph/Hodges, no AB84, no JJSS, 

what the heck is the excuse for all the playoff misses and flameouts when he had BigBen,Bell,AB84, etc ?    The team might be better with addition by subtraction of 1, maybe 2, but certainly not all 3.   If THIS is a good coaching job, then all those prior years with more to work with and marginally better success are therefore BAD coaching jobs.

why could he never get them to make those kind of half-time adjustments and come out and win games against Oakland/bottomfeeder in past years when it cost them playoff seeding, like they somehow managed to do today ? If THIS is a good coaching job, then all those prior years with more to work with and marginally better success are therefore BAD coaching jobs.

if he (via his assistants, etc) built the defense around Shazier , lost Shazier, why take 2+ years to realize you HAVE to do something to replace at least part of what he could do on the field?  yes, Minkah is a S, not an ILB, but the "difference" and "fear" he creates is similar to Shazier's playmaking ability.  His range changes what the offense can do.  I'm going to say this team is 4-8 without the Fitzpatrick trade.  So, how much of those wins are due to coaching?  Maybe not so much.  Now swallowing pride, admitting you can't draft the position, and making a move to fix the problem?  Kudos.   I hope they actually do more of it.  I'd like to see them only draft 3-4 players a year. Trade more picks for proven players who are soon to be FAs or disgruntled players.

Edited by SlevinKelevra
  • Like 1