Week #12 Steelers vs. Browns Backyard Brawl Part 2

Steeler Hitman

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I wouldnt necessarily say he has been better, but what area exactly is Pouncey doing well in?    He is the highest paid center in the league and isnt even the top 10....maybe not even top half. 

Dude is a straight up bad run blocker, and he has been more inconsistent with his pass blocking as well.

Pouncey has been overrated forever.   This is coming from someone who desperately wanted him coming out of Florida.      He was notably better when Munch was here, but he has regressed back to being average at best since Munch left.

Is Finney better?   No, but if we could dump Pouncey and his bloated salary today and roll with Finney until we get a long term replacement, Id do it without thinking twice.    Sticking with declining veterans longer than we should has gotten us in trouble before.

thats what I noticed in the past, thats colbert's legacy.  For the team to stay a contender, thats the first philosophy that has to be corrected - no more keeping high priced vets around when they are done or near done. I think Finney is better, but colbert is too loyal to his high paid draft picks so I as a result expect pouncey to return.  

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I wouldnt necessarily say he has been better, but what area exactly is Pouncey doing well in?    He is the highest paid center in the league and isnt even the top 10....maybe not even top half. 

Dude is a straight up bad run blocker, and he has been more inconsistent with his pass blocking as well.

Pouncey has been overrated forever.   This is coming from someone who desperately wanted him coming out of Florida.      He was notably better when Munch was here, but he has regressed back to being average at best since Munch left.

Is Finney better?   No, but if we could dump Pouncey and his bloated salary today and roll with Finney until we get a long term replacement, Id do it without thinking twice.    Sticking with declining veterans longer than we should has gotten us in trouble before.

This so much. Even AV has shown serious flaws this season and I don't think it gets better for him. Ramon Foster looks just about done. 

Its time to cut the salary costs where it isnt helping us anyway and start infusing this team with more young, quality talent. It doesnt help that the Scouting Dept and Colbert have repeatedly missed on the same positions. OLB, CB, S, QB. Having to constantly draft the same position forces us to ignore other positions such as TE, OL, DL. 

As a result you get what we have this season on the OL. I dont know if Feiler is actually good or if he is just strong. He has been very inconsistent. 

God love Chuks but I'm not sure he is gonna develop into a long term player for us. 

3 hours ago, August4th said:

most injured steelers offense since I've been watching them

and still winning with the worst OC and QB. Now the Duck will lead the way and eventually the offence will get healthy. This last part of the schedule could get interesting if the OL decides to show up

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Obviously you’re banged up. However, I feel like you have a major advantage in coaching though. Freddie is waaaaaaaay too aggressive and likes to chuck it. If we play actually smart, we should just run Kareem and Nick.

weather might be bad too

cle would be smart to just run the ball and play safe. because our offense has maybe 10 pts in them at best without the help of turnovers. Cle should win this if they play clean sound football on offense and score around 17-20 pts.

Edited by August4th

the defence looked tired last game, on the short week after the rams game which they rushed the passer overmuch. Now they are at home and rested, so lets see if they get more pressure on Baker and some TO's as a result.  I expected a better game from Bud last time, but maybe it will happen this time.  This should be a great game for the fans of each team as long as there are no cheap shots or ejections etc. 

It looks like some rain and minor wind for weather 

On 11/29/2019 at 5:08 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Pouncey has been great the past few years...I wanted him gone when he was injury prone.

I don’t know what’s going on this year as a whole...I don’t think the OL all took a crap and died just cause Munch left.

I truly believe the terrible qb play has played a huge role in the OL play...I also think Pouncey might be dinged. He’s not old enough to all of a sudden be terrible.

Were just going to have to agree to disagree here..plus they can’t cut him after this season due to the extension he signed   that would create more dead $ than savings.

Here is the thing about the OL, AV has never been great. He has always been nothing more than slightly above average. Pouncey hasn't been as great over the last few seasons as people want to believe. He has been injured a lot and these high snaps, one of which directly helped lead to the loss to the Browns, idk what's going on but he is being overpaid.

Foster has shown slight signs of decline over the last couple seasons, now, I just think think he is done.

Ben is better than what we have but people should stop acting like he is even close to what he once was. Yeah he still has arm strength but he has definitely lost some accuracy and has far too much control over the offense at this point. He is a major reason we dont use the run as much as we should. This season, the OL cant Block for crap against half decent DLs.

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Here is the thing about the OL, AV has never been great. He has always been nothing more than slightly above average. Pouncey hasn't been as great over the last few seasons as people want to believe. He has been injured a lot and these high snaps, one of which directly helped lead to the loss to the Browns, idk what's going on but he is being overpaid.

Foster has shown slight signs of decline over the last couple seasons, now, I just think think he is done.

Ben is better than what we have but people should stop acting like he is even close to what he once was. Yeah he still has arm strength but he has definitely lost some accuracy and has far too much control over the offense at this point. He is a major reason we dont use the run as much as we should. This season, the OL cant Block for crap against half decent DLs.

Agree about the OL, maybe Munchak was that important but also consider that the OC might not have Munchak telling him to practice run plays more often etc. 

Ben , wasn't good last year, I don't care about the lars vs that lousy schedule either. I am not commenting on him vs Duck until we see duck play more games including playoffs which is what really matter. 

15 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Pouncey has been great the past few years...I wanted him gone when he was injury prone.

I don’t know what’s going on this year as a whole...I don’t think the OL all took a crap and died just cause Munch left.

I truly believe the terrible qb play has played a huge role in the OL play...I also think Pouncey might be dinged. He’s not old enough to all of a sudden be terrible.

Were just going to have to agree to disagree here..plus they can’t cut him after this season due to the extension he signed   that would create more dead $ than savings.

Pouncey was very good under Munch, but still inconsistent, especially as a run blocker.       He has never been much more than average in the run game.

I absolutely believe losing Munch has had a HUGE affect on this DLine.   The discipline is notably absent at times.    I think Munch was able to identify issues players were having and help fix them, at least to a point.    There may be some other underlying issues, and I dont doubt not having good QB play has hurt, but losing Munch was huge.   

And yes, they can release him.    He only signed a one year extension through 2020.    We would save $5m with a $6m cap hit..       

THAT BEING SAID....I dont believe we WILL cut him.     Im just stating what I would do.   .