Inside Linebacker ... IT IS TIME

TheOnlyThing

On 1/21/2020 at 3:26 PM, Outpost31 said:

For the record, I am getting all of my prospect names from the custom Madden draft class.  That dude is a hero for manually creating all those players.  Anyway, seems to be a few 1st-2nd round ILBs available this draft.  That, I think, is where the value is best.

Danny Trevathan is also the free agent I like the most.  I’m not crazy about speed at ILB.  I just want someone who is a little more aggressive and stronger than Martinez.  

we get it.  You're playing madden

1 hour ago, Uffdaswede said:

Fans are concerned about lack of fire also.

No fire Pettine.

No fire Mennenga.

No fire Hackett.

Mennenga has to go and Pettine should have gone. I don't think you can blame Hackett when Rodgers has Davante, Lazard, and a bunch of the same type of WR's. 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So was there a single more evident example of a lack of fire than Rodgers not diving on that snap.

Meh, our dude is relatively fragile.  He might have actually gotten seriously broken underneath 1,800 lbs of lineman. 

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So it was a business decision?

In Rodgers' mind, perhaps.  I honestly think he totally lost visual of the ball itself.  No point just jumping under six 300 pound lineman and hoping that you A. come up with the ball, and B. Don't get totally broken.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

In Rodgers' mind, perhaps.  I honestly think he totally lost visual of the ball itself.  No point just jumping under six 300 pound lineman and hoping that you A. come up with the ball, and B. Don't get totally broken.

No.  Watch the play again.  He just had a look like, “Welp, maybe one of our guys will hop on it.”  It was like he was trying to keep it a secret.  It was embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No.  Watch the play again.  He just had a look like, “Welp, maybe one of our guys will hop on it.”  It was like he was trying to keep it a secret.  It was embarrassing.

I watched several times - inconclusive IMO, because you seeing him looking in the general direction but that ball got kicked forward slightly and ended up behind the D-line.  From that angle, all Rodgers would've seen are 40inch wide arseholes.  

Regardless of what he saw or didn't see, I've got no problem with him not diving underneath 1 ton of lineman.  He's knows he's fragile and would've come up broken.  

44 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So it was a business decision?

Cam Newton SB in 2018?  I think it was a practice how you play type thing.  Rodgers just doesn't play like that.  Call it fire call it methodical, call it what you want, but that's not in the DNA of Rodgers.

21 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I watched several times - inconclusive IMO, because you seeing him looking in the general direction but that ball got kicked forward slightly and ended up behind the D-line.  From that angle, all Rodgers would've seen are 40inch wide arseholes.  

Regardless of what he saw or didn't see, I've got no problem with him not diving underneath 1 ton of lineman.  He's knows he's fragile and would've come up broken.  

Maybe he should not be playing football then. Or certainly not holding the ball and trying to extend plays so frequently. 

17 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Maybe he should not be playing football then. Or certainly not holding the ball and trying to extend plays so frequently. 

Come on squire, that's a gross over-reaction for a situation we don't even know the complete story about.  Was Rodgers directly asked why he didn't dive under his lineman?  If so, please post his response here so we can end this debate.

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

@Sasquatch

You are stating this as factual, yet are irritated by my statement?