Inside Linebacker ... IT IS TIME

TheOnlyThing

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

All that suck and he still unquestionably starts over your boy Gute's draft pick Oren Burks, who was traded up for and taken a whole round higher, man that must hurt.

It does appear that Gute's attempt to rectify the long-standing problems of subpar play at ILB in Green Bay by selecting Burks has been a failure, at least to date. 

And that failure certainly does/will hurt the Packers.

If Gute's failure at ILB with respect to Burks makes you feel better about your boy's failure after failure after failure to provide the D with adequate talent at ILB good for ya.

4 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

It does appear that Gute's attempt to rectify the long-standing problems of subpar play at ILB in Green Bay by selecting Burks has been a failure, at least to date. 

If Gute's failure at ILB with respect to Burks makes you feel better about your boy's failure after failure after failure to provide the D with adequate talent at ILB good for ya.

Can you name 3 big plays given up by Martinez this year? 

31 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Oren Burks is the epitome of what you're arguing for.

Yeah, I"m all for not bringing Blake Martinez back but trashing the guy seems pointless. He's not elite in coverage but that is hardly his fault. It's a position we have not hit on when we've put resources towards. Burks was supposed to be that cover guy, a former safety and all. He's not been up to the task.

Definitely need to address this position in the draft because it's been a weakness for far too long. 

EDIT: I want to clarify why I don't want Martinez back. I think he's going to command more money than we should give him. 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Redt said:

So this is definitely what being on drugs feels like right?

What conceivable defense could you possibly be playing that you put that on Martinez and not Tramon? There's no zone defense where Tramon would run over Martinez's zone to get to his zone assignment and there's no man to man coverage where you would pass off an arrow route like that. 

The second play is a pressure package where it looks like he was calling an adjustment when the ball was snapped. You notice he only starts running out when Savage goes on the blitz. Martinez is expecting Savage to go out on the back. I guess you can put that on Martinez, but that's a communication error that happens sometimes. It's not a reflection of a broken skillset. 

The third play, we're complaining about ILBs getting credit for the score keeper giving him credit for tackles in a pile? Holy ****, that's every ILB going back to the start of when they started keeping tackle stats. You ever try and see who made a tackle live from a press box? It's impossible. You give it to the ILB if you can't tell. That's standard operating procedure. Also, did he have to go back to last year to get this example? Why is Nick Perry walking around?

In the fourth play, Clark gets Combo'd off of cleanly. What possible negative thing can you say about Martinez here?

In the fifth play, Clark is going to get Combo'd off of again, Martinez is going to have an OL in his face and he stands his ground and makes half a tackle. What else do you want from your ILB here? If we're talking about how tackles are overrated, you shouldn't be giving this to Clark as a mark of some sort of positive defensive play.

In the sixth play, you have an offensive line with a kill shot on him, and again, he's going to get in on the tackle. 

In the seventh play, he came across the formation and forced the ball carrier to his help. That's a good play. 

In the eighth play, he has an offensive lineman with a kill shot on him, and again, he's in position if other players play the correct force technique.

In the ninth play, what the hell is the beef here? He got sucked in on play action? So did the entire rest of the defense. That's not bad coverage. 

In the tenth play, he has another offensive lineman coming clean to him. Clay and Tramon both make an absolute embarassment of this play. 

In the eleventh play, he makes a stop. What on earth are you saying this is a bad play for?

In the twelfth play, Savage literally runs away from his gap responsibility.

In the thirteenth play, it's literally a run to the opposite side.

The foruteenth play is the same as the first. This is the most idiotic thing I have ever seen in my life. This is worse than when ******* Skypilot used to do this. 

The fifteenth play is the same as the second. Is it so inconceivable that the rookie safety playing in his third ever NFL game just happened to blow a pressure package read?

I can't keep watching this. This is the dumbest ******* video I have ever seen posted on the internet. 

• Like 4

I’m going to love it when our next ILB sucks, like really sucks, but he makes interceptions and tackles for loss and stands up backs even though he sucks.  Obviously in this scenario our defense thrives in spite of it, I just want to LOL when AG has a meltdown over everyone calling a bad ILB great when they spent 4 years calling an alright ILB bad.

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m going to love it when our next ILB sucks, like really sucks, but he makes interceptions and tackles for loss and stands up backs even though he sucks.  Obviously in this scenario our defense thrives in spite of it, I just want to LOL when AG has a meltdown over everyone calling a bad ILB great when they spent 4 years calling an alright ILB bad.

Please watch that first play and explain to me what kind of room-temperature-IQ-having mouth breather puts than on an ILB. Is this a person who has watched football before?

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Please watch that first play and explain to me what kind of room-temperature-IQ-having mouth breather puts than on an ILB. Is this a person who has watched football before?

No, I did watch it.  I kept watching it thinking “where’s the issues at?”  I don’t even know X’s and O’s or anything and I couldn’t see what he was trying to put on Blake.  The only one I saw that was MAYBE iffy for Martinez was where he couldn’t tackle Trubisky there at the goal line.  

I stopped watching when the moron pulled the “create turnovers” criteria.  That’s when I knew the guy was an idiot level idiot.  He spends the first 3 minutes arguing about how stats are misleading and then he says he needs his ILB to have turnovers.  

35 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The second play is a pressure package where it looks like he was calling an adjustment when the ball was snapped. You notice he only starts running out when Savage goes on the blitz. Martinez is expecting Savage to go out on the back. I guess you can put that on Martinez, but that's a communication error that happens sometimes. It's not a reflection of a broken skillset. 

To me it looks like he is (correctly) calling out the RB for what should have been flagged as a false start. He expects a flag to come in so doesn't get into the play. You've got to play to the whistle but like you said, fluke mistake, not something you judge his play on.

• Like 1