Inside Linebacker ... IT IS TIME

TheOnlyThing

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Unfortunately this dude thinks that Zadarius Smith should be playing ILB.

lol I know. But there's another guy that wants Gary to play ILB too. They must be related, if not, they should be.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:41 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

We've already established Fackrell blew contain on that. Martinez not making up for Fackrell's screw up by making a superstar play doesn't make that his fault. 

Sorry I'm a little late to the party on getting back to you. But Martinez wasn't touched and had actually a couple feet on Mosert when the play started. A great linebacker would have had a 3/4 yard loss on that play, a good linebacker a one yard loss to a one yard gain. A terrible linebacker misses the tackle and doesn't make a tackle at all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Sorry I'm a little late to the party on getting back to you. But Martinez wasn't touched and had actually a couple feet on Mosert when the play started. A great linebacker would have had a 3/4 yard loss on that play, a good linebacker a one yard loss to a one yard gain. A terrible linebacker misses the tackle and doesn't make a tackle at all. 

He starts out responsible for the backside B gap. When the Guard pulls, he becomes responsible for the playside D gap. He's in the D gap. Fackrell ****s this up. Instead of filling in the E-gap and the outside contain, he ends up stuck in the D gap when he gets hit by the pulling guard. When you have two defenders in the same gap, that's how huge TDs are scored. 

ILBs don't make 4 yard losses when the offensive line blocks everything to a neutral spot. They definitely don't make 4 yard losses when the offensive line wins the key block. That is an absolutely absurd expectation for your ILB. At that point you might as well say that every run past two yards is the fault of the ILB. 

It's absolutely unrealistic to expect that your ILB is going to have to switch gap assignments 3 times on a play. 

VZ8liKH.png

You're comfortable saying that the guy circled in blue is responsible for outside containment on the right side of the defense on this play?

• Like 6

On 2/8/2020 at 12:41 PM, Norm said:

lol I know. But there's another guy that wants Gary to play ILB too. They must be related, if not, they should be.

They could be the same person under two different names...

Either way, idiocy abounds...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Look at the screenshot above and ask yourself if you're comfortable putting a rookie from Wyoming in that spot in what might be the last year of our competing with Rodgers.

Obviously I'd love to have 5+ year vets starting everywhere but we have a salary cap. Its more about the player than their years of experience. I guarantee you there are a few rookie LBs in this draft that have really good years. Heck SF started a 5th round rookie at LB this year. 

On 2/6/2020 at 6:26 PM, fattlipp said:

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/01/packers-matt-lafleur-wants-more-from-rashan-gary-in-

Maybe MILF had his ILB already,  6’4 275 lbs 4.6 40,  doooo itttttt

Packers Plan to Keep Gary at Outside Linebacker

There are a number of different avenues the Packers could explore in terms of getting Gary on the field more in 2020 — and it’s not all on their decision-making — but the idea of moving him back to the defensive line permanently is not something LaFleur is interested in doing right now.

“I think he’s got some positional flexibility, but I think his core position should be inside linebacker,” LaFleur said. “I think situationally you can kick him down inside, but to make a living down there, down in and down out, I think he’s best suited on the outside. But again, those are conversations that are coming within our staff that we have not yet had.”

That idiot would be MiLF himself,   Just quoted an article