Inside Linebacker ... IT IS TIME

TheOnlyThing

43 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

That idiot would be MiLF himself,   Just quoted an article 

The article is wrong .. LaFleur did not say inside linebacker .. he said his best spot was outside linebacker.  He said he thought he had the positional flexibility to kick down inside, but 99 percent sure he was talking about Dline and not Inside Backer.

About 9 minutes in he starts talking about Gary.

• Like 3

On 3/1/2020 at 4:55 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

I'll believe it when I see it.  They've never valuled that position, so to think that suddenly changes is kind of far fetched.

Plus Littleton being worse than Martinez kind of hurts his value I'd assume.

On 3/1/2020 at 4:55 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

I'll believe it when I see it.  They've never valuled that position, so to think that suddenly changes is kind of far fetched.

#1 priority AMONG LINEBACKERS, so like he's just after our top long snapper FA

• 4 weeks later...

"Linebacker Blake Martinez accepted a three-year, $30 million contract offer from the Giants during the negotiating window ahead of the start of the new league year earlier this month and he spoke to reporters about that decision on a Monday conference call."

“I think the way they (the Packers) value the inside linebacker position especially in that defense, it wasn’t as valued as other places I guess in my opinion,” Martinez said."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/30/blake-martinez-packers-dont-value-inside-linebackers-as-much-as-other-teams/

With such "talents" as Nate Palmer, Jamari Lattimore, Brad Jones, DJ Smith, Sam Barrington, Jake Ryan, Joe Thomas, Antonio Morris, and BJ Goodson all starting at inside linebacker in Green Bay over the past decade, Blake's statement that the Packers have not valued the ILB position is surely a correct one.

Unfortunately, for Martinez and his apologists, Blake's concession that he was a starter at ILB on a team that does not value the position is prima facie evidence of his own performance limitations.

The facts reveal that Packers have, until very recently, been fine with manning the middle with athletically limited mid-to-ate round draft picks/street free agents (Burks in 2018 is the only ILBer selected before the 4th round).

Consequently, while, in response to being "asked about a lack of impact plays while in Green Bay," Martinez "said it was a 'misconception,'” the reality is that Blake is just the latest in a long line of mediocre (at best) talents to play ILB for the Packers. 

Fortunately, Gute did not overpay Martinez for mediocre play ... the way his predecessor did with another mediocre Packer ILBer who wore #50.