Corey Littleton                        8                                2

Jordan Hicks                          6                                3

KJ Wright                                8                                1

Budda Baker                           6                                0

Bobby Wagner                        4                                0

Jaylon Smith                           3                                0

Zach Cunningham                 1                                 0

Blake Martinez                      0                                 0

Among the other NFC playoff competitors, Eric Kendricks is credited with 12 Passes Defensed for Minnesota, Fred Warner in SF has 6 PD, and Demario Davis in NO has 9 PD and a pick.

Was talking about this the other day. Pretty remarkable that Blake hasn't had a single PD for a guy who never leaves the field. Even blind luck should get him 1 every 6 games. Again, I'm not going to beat him down and I think he's a great guy who's been a great Packer, but this guy doesn't even get a look from me in the off-season, no matter the price. Packers need to actively improve at the ILB position with 2 brand new players not currently on the roster. Otherwise, we'll just be talking about this same stuff next December.  

On 12/4/2019 at 10:48 AM, TheOnlyThing said:

Top 10 NFL-Tacklers    Passes Defensed     Interceptions

Joe Schobert                          9                                4

Luke Kuechly                         10                               2

Among the other NFC playoff competitors, Eric Kendricks is credited with 12 Passes Defensed for Minnesota, Fred Warner in SF has 6 PD, and Demario Davis in NO has 9 PD and a pick.

Failing to see what this proves.  That list includes 3 players who were drafted to be clear difference makers at ILB/ MLB (Kuechly, Wagner & Smith).  Outside of those 3, they weren't any bigger of investments into MLB/ ILB that Green Bay hasn't already made over the last 5 or so years.  

• Joe Schobert was  a 4th round pick.  The same sort of investment Green Bay made into multiple ILBs that you trashed.   
  • Littleton was an undrafted LB who started his NFL career at OLB. Sounds a lot like Brad Jones career path.  
  • Hicks was a 3rd rounder who's on his second contract despite never being any sort of difference maker in the league.
  • KJ Wright, was another 4th round pick.
  • Bubba Baker is a safety.... Green Bay tried that as well without success.  
Edited by SSG
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Was talking about this the other day. Pretty remarkable that Blake hasn't had a single PD for a guy who never leaves the field. Even blind luck should get him 1 every 6 games. Again, I'm not going to beat him down and I think he's a great guy who's been a great Packer, but this guy doesn't even get a look from me in the off-season, no matter the price. Packers need to actively improve at the ILB position with 2 brand new players not currently on the roster. Otherwise, we'll just be talking about this same stuff next December.  

The ZERO PASSES DEFENSED through 12 games for the NFL leader in tackles is truly a remarkable stat.

FFS Preston Smith has 3 PD. T-Rex arms Lowry has a PD.

How do you play that many snaps in the middle of a defense and not accidentally get in the way just 1 time.

55 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Top 10 NFL-Tacklers    Passes Defensed     Interceptions

Joe Schobert                          9                                4

Luke Kuechly                         10                               2

Passer Rating/ Yards Allowed

Schobert (55.4/214)

Kuechly (71.1/315)

Littleton (83.5/407)

Hicks (91.7/453)

Wright (94/428)

Baker (111.9/358)

Wagner (105.3/402)

Smith (99.4/273)

Cunningham (100.7/239)

Martinez (104.2/371)

Kendricks (89.6/286)

Warner (89.2/287)

Davis (80.5/287)

So among the best linebackers in the league the average yards allowed so far this season through 12 games is 332. Martinez has allowed 371, so 39 more yards total.

Equating to 3.33 yards per game more than the best linebackers by your estimation.

He's fine.

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 2

If somebody's dumb enough to sign Martinez to top ILB money, it's a blatant choice to let him go. He's a very average player who makes a lot of cleanup tackles. He's not getting a lot of help from his Dline or from Pettine this year, however, even if he was, he's still by no means a special player. 

I'm not so sure Ty Summers wouldn't be getting the same production (tackles) out there as Martinez this year. Actually kind of surprised we haven't seen more snaps from him. 

31 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Should I post the play of Kuechly being roasted alive by Jimmy Graham? 

Martinez got burned by not realizing the slot guy was keeping it short. He checked the Tight End and then followed the QBs eyes.

He needs to know he's got a slot guy in a threatening spot, but sometimes guys miss. It happens.

13 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

If somebody's dumb enough to sign Martinez to top ILB money, it's a blatant choice to let him go. He's a very average player who makes a lot of cleanup tackles. He's not getting a lot of help from his Dline or from Pettine this year, however, even if he was, he's still by no means a special player. 

I'm not so sure Ty Summers wouldn't be getting the same production (tackles) out there as Martinez this year. Actually kind of surprised we haven't seen more snaps from him. 

Totally on board with the first paragraph. The second paragraph is just not making any sense to me. A rookie would die having to make the reads that Martinez is regularly being asked to make.

36 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Martinez got burned by not realizing the slot guy was keeping it short. He checked the Tight End and then followed the QBs eyes.

He needs to know he's got a slot guy in a threatening spot, but sometimes guys miss. It happens.

At first I was like wtf Blake. You're exactly right. He watched the QBs eyes and when the pass was thrown he didn't realize the WR was that shallow. He doesn't have enough time to under cut that.

On 11/25/2019 at 9:46 AM, TheOnlyThing said:

When it comes to ILB ... it is time.

Since you're so vocal about taking an ILB early, which position are you neglecting early?  OT, WR, DL?  Maybe something else.  We only have 3 picks in the top 96.

39 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yes, by all means do so.

And then given that, in addition to getting "roasted alive" by Graham on one play, Kuechly also has 10 Passes Defensed and 2 INTs this season, go ahead and post JUST 1 of Blake's 2019 PDs or INTs.

That would be a fun watch.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Since you're so vocal about taking an ILB early, which position are you neglecting early?  OT, WR, DL?  Maybe something else.  We only have 3 picks in the top 96.

I'm vocal about acquiring a quality ILB. I never said that ILB had to come through the draft.

I know you've been conditioned to only consider the draft as the sole means of filling gaping roster holes, but with Gute as GM the possibility exists that we might sign a FA or two or even make a trade for a player.

I would be more than happy to sign a FA or to make a trade to improve the consistently wretched ILB play.

I suspect and certainly hope that Gute will be active in filling the holes at WR, OT, DL, and ILB through a combination of the draft and FA/trades.

Edited by TheOnlyThing

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd be looking ILB and interior DL in free agency and drafting the other positions.  I don't really care where they come from ... they must come. 

• Like 2