Inside Linebacker ... IT IS TIME

TheOnlyThing

2 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I'm vocal about acquiring a quality ILB.

I know you've been conditioned to only consider the draft as the sole means of filling gaping roster holes, but with Gute as GM the possibility exists that we might sign a FA or two or even make a trade for a player.

I would be more than happy to sign a FA or to make a trade to improve the consistently wretched ILB play.

I suspect and certainly hope that Gute will be active in filling the holes at WR, OT, DL, and ILB through a combination of the draft and FA/trades.

Despite your preconceived notions about my opinions, the draft isn't the only way to improve the the Packers' roster.  As someone who has asked you MULTIPLE times for such scenarios where you manage to "fix" our issues, I instead get sidestepping.  Find me a SINGLE NFL roster who doesn't have a significant hole on their roster.  You won't find one.  Your gold standard in the Patriots has averaged less than 17 PPG over the last four games.  There's going to be issues on your roster.  That's just the reality that we live in with the salary cap.  All I'm asking is do me a solid and put together a little mock offseason.  Nothing crazy.  Throw some draft picks and some FA contracts out there and let's see where we go from there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Yes, by all means do so.

And then given that, in addition to getting "roasted alive" by Graham on one play, Kuechly also has 10 Passes Defensed and 2 INTs this season, go ahead and post JUST 1 of Blake's 2019 PDs or INTs.

That would be a fun watch.

Why on Earth are we using PBUs and INTs to evaluate pass coverage as a whole?

This isn't Madden. Despite all your consternation about Martinez in coverage, he's still only allowed 56 fewer yards on the year. 

Kuechly has actually been targeted more on the year than Martinez has. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 9:40 AM, Joe said:

Problem: with whom do you upgrade? The FA pool is littered with older players and others who we despise like Darron Lee for example. The draft isn't all that great in the first two rounds either unless you really like Malik Harrison or Kenneth Murray

Murray would be a huge upgrade and give the ILB corps something it hasn’t had in forever- moxie.  It just depends on how the draft board falls.  

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Totally on board with the first paragraph. The second paragraph is just not making any sense to me. A rookie would die having to make the reads that Martinez is regularly being asked to make.

I meant Summers is most likely able to match what Martinez does physically, obviously I doubt he'd be on BM's level mentally. I think Blake's best attribute is his cerebral game at this point, knows the playcalls and how to set the defense. His ability to stay healthy has to be up there too. 

7 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Top 10 NFL-Tacklers    Passes Defensed     Interceptions

Joe Schobert                          9                                4

Luke Kuechly                         10                               2

Corey Littleton                        8                                2

Jordan Hicks                          6                                3

KJ Wright                                8                                1

Budda Baker                           6                                0

Bobby Wagner                        4                                0

Jaylon Smith                           3                                0

Zach Cunningham                 1                                 0

Blake Martinez                      0                                 0

Among the other NFC playoff competitors, Eric Kendricks is credited with 12 Passes Defensed for Minnesota, Fred Warner in SF has 6 PD, and Demario Davis in NO has 9 PD and a pick.

Budda Baker is a safety. 

On 12/4/2019 at 1:23 PM, CWood21 said:

Despite your preconceived notions about my opinions, the draft isn't the only way to improve the the Packers' roster.  As someone who has asked you MULTIPLE times for such scenarios where you manage to "fix" our issues, I instead get sidestepping.  Find me a SINGLE NFL roster who doesn't have a significant hole on their roster.  You won't find one.  Your gold standard in the Patriots has averaged less than 17 PPG over the last four games.  There's going to be issues on your roster.  That's just the reality that we live in with the salary cap.  All I'm asking is do me a solid and put together a little mock offseason.  Nothing crazy.  Throw some draft picks and some FA contracts out there and let's see where we go from there.

Even when you have a roster without a significant hole, dudes all of a sudden forget to show up and then significant holes happen when you least expect...

9 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Мне платят в любом случае.
И водка хорошая.

Am I supposed to be able to somehow figure this out lol

And I'm only laughing because there's no way that gif will ever get old