Week 13 SNF: Pats @ THE Houston Texans

HoboRocket

21 hours ago, Apollo Stallion said:

This is one of those games I think we'll be able to call within the first 5 minutes.  If the Texans come out flat, run twice into brick walls, then Watson gets antsy and runs himself into a sack we're doomed.  I recommend the Texans go over to Rice Stadium and pretend to play their usual first quarter, then show up at 7p with a sense of urgency as we aren't coming from behind against this team.  Come out with some creative looks, get Stills and TE's involved early, throw to Duke, we've got a shot.  From there, we can actually run the ball which to me is absolutely critical.  Fuller isn't going to run wide open like he did against the Colts and you know Gilmore isn't going to fall asleep or count on safety support on Nuk like the Colts did.  For god's sake, don't bother with the stupid fake jet sweep look and Belichick's defense NEVER falls for fakes and gadget plays are always punished.

This Pats offense shouldn't scare anyone as they are devoid of playmakers, have an obvious weak link with Newhouse at LT, and Michel just gets what the defense gives him which is usually just volume while protecting leads the defense gave them.  The Pats seemingly find new ways to beat us every time (Gronk, Cooks, D. Lewis, Brissett/Blount, Bolden etc) but this season's MO seems to be, let the other guy beat themselves.  The one team that just boldy took their game to the Pats was the Ravens who let their QB make plays with his feet and ran the ball down their throats.  When under the gun it was the Pats who made mistakes including special teams. 

That being said, I feel better about this game than I did about the Ravens or playing the Pats in Foxboro.  If O'Brien and the guys come out loose and play relatively mistake free, I think we have our best shot since the Brissett game.  If we do stupid stuff like Carter fumbling (have felt an awful one coming for weeks now), or Watson forcing balls deep instead of patiently working underneath, NRG will turn on this team fast.  I don't anticipate us doing much to disrupt Brady as Scarlett is the only one sniffing the QB these days and the Colts and Ravens have exposed our run defense.  Losing Cole is a much bigger loss than most anticipate as it means McKinney or Kalambayi will be out there covering RBs and if I'm McDaniels this is the game where the trinity of Michel, White, Burkhead do 75% of the damage with Edelman good for the rest.  My gut says O'Brien/O'Brien's and we lose 28-24, but my heart says Texans win 24-17.   

Newhouse is out. Wynn came back from injured reserve and was a much better addition against the Cowboys. Not amazing (weather and a rookie) but much better.

Karras is the new weak link. Mercilus stunting up the middle is going to be a nightmare but if the line can hold the Patriots can get back to the running back passing attack. With a crappy Oline the running backs haven't worked well in the passing game due to blitz pickup and route development time.

On 11/27/2019 at 9:42 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

Let’s keep in mind that Lonnie is statistically one of the worst CBS in the league 

I have faith!

But not against this team. Edelman and Sanu both are too smart and have too clean of a release for a physical, overly-aggressive one trick pony of a press corner to play well against them.

8 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

I have faith!

But not against this team. Edelman and Sanu both are too smart and have too clean of a release for a physical, overly-aggressive one trick pony of a press corner to play well against them.

I think we play Roby against Edelman in the slot and match up Conley against Sanu outside 

• Like 1