The too ugly to start a thread.

raidr4life

The tease always sucks. Not sure what is worse knowing that you’re a top 5 pick team or getting blue balls from your team. 

Future is bright if they continue to draft well and hit on some young FA signings to help move the process along faster. 

Edited by agarcia34

Meh since its a rant thread my 2 cents

I had zero expectations especially after the ab situation. I thought we would self destruct with all these rookies because of it. This locker room got strong and banded together. We are our record 6-5. I thought we’d be 3-8. Long story short we’re only halfway there. Can’t fix everything in one year. Next draft/fa will have to fix the rest of the weaknesses. Too many key injuries/ suspensions to properly compete this year imo. I like what we’re building tho.

• Like 8

When Ryan Finley was looking somewhat competent against our defense last week and we were struggling to sustain drives against a winless team, we all should've known better. This is not a playoff team in any way . We're a scrappy, well coached one dimensional bunch that has benefited from a historically weak AFC conference. And even then,  we're still probably the 10th best team in the AFC.

It really is amazing that we have 6 wins so far, so for being ahead of schedule I'm content. But yeah alot of work to do. 

• Like 3

Its abundantly clear that we are a team that has a few glaring weaknesses, decent teams can and do take advantage of those. Ive never been impressed with Williams at WR but he can be a serviceable albeit inconsistent #2, reminds me a lot of Andre Holmes we desperately need a #1. Zay is anonymous and another terrible trade, the LBs have to be upgraded and Whitehead is all talk and no trousers, Morrow has let me down since I complimented him 😁😁.

Overall, we are a decent team but still a year away as most of us thought. We have the draft and FA ammunition to add a couple recievers, some DL penetration, LBs of starting quality and depth at CB, I'm still quietly optimistic! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I love threads like this... then next week, they beat the Chiefs and the same doomsdayers will be running around arguing how great the Raiders are. 

It's one game. This team could beat Buffalo IMO and will get a shot at Tennessee in 2 weeks.

Yeah yeah you making too much out of it. It's the good. bad, ugly thread that I'm guessing people were to depressed to start. It's nothing but ugly this week.

• Like 1

Lots of good comments here. I got a kick out of the thread title @raidr4life

I'm with @NCOUGHMAN. I was thinking we were a 6 to 8 win team WITH Antonio Brown. Moral victories are only so good but I do think there has been a lot of encouraging developments this season. We have some personnel moves to make this offseason and need certain players to develop further, but we're on the right track.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh since its a rant thread my 2 cents

I had zero expectations especially after the ab situation. I thought we would self destruct with all these rookies because of it. This locker room got strong and banded together. We are our record 6-5. I thought we’d be 3-8. Long story short we’re only halfway there. Can’t fix everything in one year. Next draft/fa will have to fix the rest of the weaknesses. Too many key injuries/ suspensions to properly compete this year imo. I like what we’re building tho.

Spot on. I cheer and talk trash in every game day thread. Cause as a diehard I want to win every game and do well. But I thought this was a 6 win team this year. To be 6-5 with this roster and the injuries we suffered. I like the direction. Qb will always be a touchy subject in here( like it is with most teams with a qb between 10-20). But it's clear weakness we all know we got to work on. LB and Wr to start with. 

I really dont want to fire guenther until we give him something to work with. It ain't to many d cords who can make our roster looks decent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I love threads like this... then next week, they beat the Chiefs and the same doomsdayers will be running around arguing how great the Raiders are. 

It's one game. This team could beat Buffalo IMO and will get a shot at Tennessee in 2 weeks.

An optimistic statement.  He's right.  Can we finish 11-5?  Unlikely but possible.  I try to be optimistic.  10-6?  We'll win more games this year.

26 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

An optimistic statement.  He's right.  Can we finish 11-5?  Unlikely but possible.  I try to be optimistic.  10-6?  We'll win more games this year.

Yeah it's difficult to be too optimistic after yesterday.  I thought we would be in the 6-10 to 10-6 range with AB.  The good news is they're going to be at least 6-10 without AB.

Yesterday showed me that they could lose the rest of the games, but I still think they can finish 3-2 or better if they get their **** together. 

No matter how they finish, I'm already pleasantly surprised with this season and hopeful for next year to be a true playoff contender.