Johnny Hekker Inked to 2 Year Extension

RandyMossIsBoss

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000843373/article/johnny-hekker-agrees-to-2year-extension-with-rams

"Has agreed to terms on a two-year extension for an extra $9.6 million from the Rams, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

Hekker is now under contract for six years and is set to make $21 million, including $10 million guaranteed."

Looks like Rams made sure to lock him up after he nailed the Colts inside their own 20 on all 5 of his punts.

A steep price to pay for a punter, but dirt cheap for a GOAT.

23 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Somewhere Aaron Donald is thinking about Holding out again. 

Why though, he had like 4 years left on his deal. 

Very simple, reduce his cap hit this year a bit along with a couple other deals they've done recently to free up some cap space this year to work in a little extra for Donald to sign his extension. Don't be shocked if you see 3 or 4 of these type of things before Sundays game.

16 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

I haven't really heard about this guy until recently. Has he been one of the best for a few seasons now?

Yes, I'd say he's been a top punter for the past 3 years or so, but last year he had what is probably the greatest season a punter ever has had (I only say "probably" because most punting stats don't back very far, not to mention even the stats we have are a bit lacking). 

Last season he recorded the highest ever net yards per punt, and while he punted nearly 100 times, only once did it land in the end zone. Over half the time he managed to pin opposing team's inside their 20.

He doesn't have the boot that Lechler had, but his leg is still damn strong and his control is much better.

Archived