XFL blocks Lions from pursuing QB Josh Johnson

RaidersAreOne

29 minutes ago, Woz said:

Not sure if you're trolling now, but I would think the guy who has more than eight career starts, better completion percentage, and better TD:INT ratio would be considered the superior option. Now, whether he's good in the absolute sense? That's a different question. But better than Josh Johnson? Is that really debatable? Really?

He's no HOF FA like Tannehill, that's for sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skywindO2 said:

He's no HOF FA like Tannehill, that's for sure.

Well, given that Detroit was looking at Josh Johnson, that leads me to believe they want/need a QB right now. Since Tannehill is under contract in Tennesse, I'm not sure what you're driving at here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Lions want to sign Josh Johnson. Josh Johnson can't be signed. 

If only there was another mobile QB out there who hasn't played much NFL football for quite some time, but wanted back in the league... 

If only... 

As a Packer fan, you need to knock off insinuations like this when it pertains to teams in our division. Thank you kindly! xD

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Agreed, and I don't even understand how this is legal.

Probably because he already signed a contract with the XFL, so they hold his rights I'd assume. Also, I believe the XFL blocked this because they're really trying to be viable and not a comic show like their first go around. Vinnie-Mac wants this to be legitimate and not some NFL minor league system. He doesn't want to devalue his brand. I can understand it. Sucks for Johnson, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

16 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Lions want to sign Josh Johnson. Josh Johnson can't be signed. 

If only there was another mobile QB out there who hasn't played much NFL football for quite some time, but wanted back in the league... 

If only... 

Tim Tebow?

• Like 1