Glass is half full

Golfman

We got our ***** kicked, and I'm going to tell you why that is a good thing. It starts and ends with our QB IMO.

- Rodgers is being mocked on social media for his piss poor effort. That is going to really piss him off. Maybe even enough to start throwing the ball around the yard a little bit and maybe in the middle of the field once or twice a game. 

- This performance gives LaFleur a license to coach Rodgers hard, real hard! If he doesn't then he's going to fail as a HC in Green Bay. 

- Humble pie is nobody's choice at Thanksgiving, but everybody in the locker room got to eat some last night and now we get to see how they respond. 

- The 49ers will be very overconfident if we see them again. Not to mention we will be very pissed off! 

- We are now forced to make upgrades at IDL, ILB and OT in the off season. 

- Might be time to get Tony Brown and Chardon Sullivan on the field and let Kevin King try has hand at being an assistant coach. 

- We've got nothing to lose and we're back to being an underdog! 

We all see the sky falling, but players brush it off and move on. There will be a bit more soul searching after this embarrassment but someone ought to be getting an *** kicking next week at the hands of the Packers. 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Golfman said:

We got our ***** kicked, and I'm going to tell you why that is a good thing. It starts and ends with our QB IMO.

- Rodgers is being mocked on social media for his piss poor effort. 

- This performance gives LaFleur a license to coach Rodgers hard, real hard! If he doesn't then he's going to fail as a HC in Green Bay. 

- Humble pie is nobody's choice at Thanksgiving, but everybody in the locker room got to eat some last night and now we get to see how they respond. 

- The 49ers will be very overconfident if we see them again. Not to mention we will be very pissed off! 

- Might be time to get Tony Brown and Chardon Sullivan on the field and let Kevin King try has hand at being an assistant coach. 

We all see the sky falling, but players brush it off and move on. There will be a bit more soul searching after this embarrassment but someone ought to be getting an *** kicking next week at the hands of the Packers. 

The coaches need their a$$es kicked also - who gets that job?

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

- Rodgers is being mocked on social media for his piss poor effort. 

Props to you on making this thread.

It is natural for fans to react as most have after that game last night.  So much of what GB's future for the 2019 season rest on how #12 responds and plays these next 5+ games.  There are teams that will try to duplicate just what LAC and SF did.  Not sure that many can, but that should be their game plan.  I don't think NYG or WAS have the horses in the DL to have the success that LAC and SF did.  Now CHI and MIN certainly do and I think all the NFC playoff teams have the DL to do it.  

Just now, squire12 said:

Props to you on making this thread.

It is natural for fans to react as most have after that game last night.  So much of what GB's future for the 2019 season rest on how #12 responds and plays these next 5+ games.  There are teams that will try to duplicate just what LAC and SF did.  Not sure that many can, but that should be their game plan.  I don't think NYG or WAS have the horses in the DL to have the success that LAC and SF did.  Now CHI and MIN certainly do and I think all the NFC playoff teams have the DL to do it.  

Just to be clear, yes Rodgers stunk up the joint. He didn't have a ton of help last night either. The offensive line got their ***** handed to them all night long. No running game to speak of. Our coach looked like he was going to **** himself before the game even started. The guy(s) Kevin King were assigned to were like 7-11, they were always open! 

Lot's of work ahead but let's see how they respond! 

Edited by Golfman

Yeah, none of this is happening.

Rodgers isn't going to roll back the clock 6 years. How many times do you have to have, "I think Rodgers will be extra motivated because X" blow up in your face before you stop believing in it? We've got to be up to double digits by now?

There's no license to coach Rodgers real hard. Rodgers has the contract. We have no backup QB. A benching isn't possible. Rodgers could piss into LaFleur's waffles, and there's nothing he could do about it. Hell, our media isn't even going to call the dude out. Additionally, are we sure that hard coaching from LaFleur's going to fix this?

We'd just recently gotten our *** kicked by the Chargers. This wasn't an example of an elite team sleepwalking, this was an example of a second quartile team running face first into an elite team.

The 49ers now own the tire breaker. If we see them again it's going to be in San Francisco. This team blows on the road.

What are we going to do at DT? If we're lucky, we might draft a rookie. What are we doing to do at RT? First round rookie? That's not going to be an upgrade next year. What do you want to do at ILB? We're not losing games because of Blake Martinez.

King may have had a lousy game, but he's a helluva lot better than Brown or Sullivan. Calling for his benching at this point is misguided unless you have somebody better available.

This is not an elite team. This team might have been 8-2 but it had a 6-4 point differential and a 6-4 DVOA. We've got bigger problems.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Just to be clear, yes Rodgers stunk up the joint. He didn't have a ton of help last night either. The offensive line got their ***** handed to them all night long. No running game to speak of. Our coach looked like he was going to **** himself before the game even started. The guy(s) Kevin King were assigned to were like 7-11, they were always open! 

Lot's of work ahead but let's see how they respond! 

Agree completely.  Which is not really much different that previous seasons playoff hopes.   This team does not have the quality talent in enough quantity to survive against upper tier NFL teams.  

GB has beaten a good number of mediocre teams (CHI, DAL, DET, OAK, KC --without Mahomes--, CAR)  MIN is the best win, and that game looks more like an aberration at this point.  Cousins is playing better, at MIN vs home.

If the defense is going to make a surge, it would need to come from a lot of players:  2 along the DL, 1 from the ILB, better CB play from King and Tramon.  That just seems like so many individual pieces vs if Rodgers alone improves his play how that can (and in the past) has invigorated the offense.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, none of this is happening.

Rodgers isn't going to roll back the clock 6 years. How many times do you have to have, "I think Rodgers will be extra motivated because X" blow up in your face before you stop believing in it? We've got to be up to double digits by now?

There's no license to coach Rodgers real hard. Rodgers has the contract. We have no backup QB. A benching isn't possible. Rodgers could piss into LaFleur's waffles, and there's nothing he could do about it. Hell, our media isn't even going to call the dude out. Additionally, are we sure that hard coaching from LaFleur's going to fix this?

We'd just recently gotten our *** kicked by the Chargers. This wasn't an example of an elite team sleepwalking, this was an example of a second quartile team running face first into an elite team.

The 49ers now own the tire breaker. If we see them again it's going to be in San Francisco. This team blows on the road.

What are we going to do at DT? If we're lucky, we might draft a rookie. What are we doing to do at RT? First round rookie? That's not going to be an upgrade next year. What do you want to do at ILB? We're not losing games because of Blake Martinez.

King may have had a lousy game, but he's a helluva lot better than Brown or Sullivan. Calling for his benching at this point is misguided unless you have somebody better available.

This is not an elite team. This team might have been 8-2 but it had a 6-4 point differential and a 6-4 DVOA. We've got bigger problems.

I think you should just pull down all the shades in your house, curl up in the fetal position in a corner and suck your thump until you feel better! 

BTW, if teams actually thought like you, everybody would be the Detroit Lions! Go back to where all the whining is happening in the other thread! 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Gotta hope the Seahawks win that division so we don’t ever have to go back to California this year.  Seahawks and Niners cannot both win a bye.  The Niners and Seahawks could both finish with a better record than us and we could still get the 2 seed.  

I don't see GB getting back on top of NO for the #2 spot at this point.    NO has @ATL,  SF, IND, @TEN, @CAR 

GB will need NO to lose 2 of those.  

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

I think you should just pull down all the shades in your house, curl up in the fetal position in a corner and suck your thump until you feel better! 

BTW, if teams actually thought like you, everybody would be the Detroit Lions! Go back to where all the whining is happening in the other thread! 

@Packerraymond once again, walking away from the antagonizing nonsense rather than responding. Upvote please

• Like 6

Just now, squire12 said:

I don't see GB getting back on top of NO for the #2 spot at this point.    NO has @ATL,  SF, IND, @TEN, @CAR 

GB will need NO to lose 2 of those.  

Only if we plan on losing again. If we win out and they lose one to and NFC team, we win the tie breaker. I know, a lot of if's but it's still right in front of us. Are we good enough? Not based on last night, but I'm throwing that out as an outlier as opposed to the norm.  

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

They should have lost at home yesterday, so I would think that losing 2 of those would be possible. SF plus one off game.

NO playing at home vs SF with the #1 seed on the line.  I will give the nod to NO in that one.   Should be a great game for sure.... though I thought the game last night would be as well.

9 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Might be time to get Tony Brown and Chardon Sullivan on the field and let Kevin King try has hand at being an assistant coach. 

Based upon King's recent play and the fact the team has looked just terrible in 2 of the past 3 games (and King was not very good against the Panthers), I really wonder whether we might see someone else at CB if the team were 6-5 or 5-6 rather than 8-3.