Glass is half full

Golfman

Half full - there is a good chance another nfc team will knock off SF before GB needs to play them.

Half empty - most teams in the nfc will likely knock off GB regardless. DAL being the only team GB likely has a good shot at beating. NO, SF, SEA and MIN all are playing more consistent balanced football.

this is how the season will pan out:

At Giants: Loss. They giants are better than their record would lead you to believe. The Packers are horrid on the road and will drop this one similar to the way the dropped the Chargers game. 

vs Redskins: They won’t lose this one at home. 

Vs Bears. Rodgers packs it in early after getting killed in the first few series. Loss.

at Vikings: loss. Another road game and this time Minny completely shuts down the Packers offense and Cousins goes off for 350+ yard and 4 TDs, two of those TDs go for 50+ yards to Diggs.

at Lion: their season is basically over but I think Stafford still comes back because he’s a gamer. Another loss here on the road. 

Packers end the season 9-7 and miss the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

At Giants: Loss. They giants are better than their record would lead you to believe. The Packers are horrid on the road and will drop this one similar to the way the dropped the Chargers game. 

definitely not.  The giants are a bad team all around despite being better than their record.  They are better than their record in that they are kind of like a 3 or 4 win team.

Vs Bears. Rodgers packs it in early after getting killed in the first few series. Loss

Trubisky will not beat the packers defense.  That team has very little going for it.

at Lion: their season is basically over but I think Stafford still comes back because he’s a gamer. Another loss here on the road. 

no, stafford isn't likely to come back and the packers will have something to play for.

Sounds like 12-4 to me

Vs Bears. Rodgers packs it in early after getting killed in the first few series. Loss.

at Vikings: loss. Another road game and this time Minny completely shuts down the Packers offense and Cousins goes off for 350+ yard and 4 TDs, two of those TDs go for 50+ yards to Diggs.

I think @ Giants is probably a win. That team isn't good. I think you get one win out of the Bears/Vikings divisional game. 

Realistically this is a 10-6 caliber team, but 11-5 isn't impossible considering our luck with close games so far this year.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

definitely not.  The giants are a bad team all around despite being better than their record.  They are better than their record in that they are kind of like a 3 or 4 win team.

Trubisky will not beat the packers defense.  That team has very little going for it.

no, stafford isn't likely to come back and the packers will have something to play for.

Sounds like 12-4 to me

Worst 12-4 team ever. 

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Only if we plan on losing again. If we win out and they lose one to and NFC team, we win the tie breaker. I know, a lot of if's but it's still right in front of us. Are we good enough? Not based on last night, but I'm throwing that out as an outlier as opposed to the norm.  

For heaven's sake, don't bring Norm into this!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

Take your pills when you are supposed to!  You win the Debbie Downer fan award for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Based upon King's recent play and the fact the team has looked just terrible in 2 of the past 3 games (and King was not very good against the Panthers), I really wonder whether we might see someone else at CB if the team were 6-5 or 5-6 rather than 8-3.

How long did it take SF to replace their back up LT last night? If a guy is a liability, which King has become, you give somebody else a go. My problem is not the guy is getting beat, he's not even close on many occasions. 

35 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

Do we need to call suicide hotline for you? Put down the knife and call for help! 

1 hour ago, YaddaHolla said:

I would be very shocked if we lost to the bears at home. They're not good. Also the Giants are bad. Vikings are the only one that worrys me. If we lose to the lions/bears/giants we deserve to miss the playoffs. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I would be very shocked if we lost to the bears at home. They're not good. Also the Giants are bad. Vikings are the only one that worrys me. If we lose to the lions/bears/giants we deserve to miss the playoffs. 

i get that those teams are bad. but can you say that the Packers are good?

Sure they have a 8-3 record, most of the time you look at that you would say yes they are a good team.

Looking past the record they have a loss to a mediocre/bad Eagles team at home. That loss looks worse with every passing week.  Then a loss to a bad and really banged up Chargers team at a stadium that was 70% Packers fan. And then you have this absolute debacle of a game coming off a bye week and the healthiest the team will be for the rest of the season.  They were absolutely dominated on all 3 phases of the game.  A true embarrassment. 

Looking at the wins, i cant find one win where they looked GOOD.  I think everyone can agree with me that up until this point the team hasn't played ONE complete game. 

11 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

i get that those teams are bad. but can you say that the Packers are good?

Sure they have a 8-3 record, most of the time you look at that you would say yes they are a good team.

Looking past the record they have a loss to a mediocre/bad Eagles team at home. That loss looks worse with every passing week.  Then a loss to a bad and really banged up Chargers team at a stadium that was 70% Packers fan. And then you have this absolute debacle of a game coming off a bye week and the healthiest the team will be for the rest of the season.  They were absolutely dominated on all 3 phases of the game.  A true embarrassment. 

Looking at the wins, i cant find one win where they looked GOOD.  I think everyone can agree with me that up until this point the team hasn't played ONE complete game. 

They've played eleven complete games and won 8 of them. In the NFL that is all you can do. One could look at the Patriots schedule and say the same. In fact, I think the Patriots are the 5 - 6th best team in the NFL, yet 11-1. 

We laid an egg! No question about it and once we got on the wrong side of MO, Adams stupid penalty, followed by the fumble we never recovered. It shook our confidence and we were on our heels. 

You can give up, call it a season and be a pessimist. We're 8-3, first place in our division and still have a chance. I believe we'll be 10-3 going into the Bears game and quite possibly have clinched a wild card birth after a win. Then if we beat the Vikings we win the division! 

There is a better chance that we have a first round bye than finish 9-7 like the one guy said! Just my opinion! 

It's all about who gets hot at the right time.  Packers entered the playoffs as a 6th seed with half the team on IR.  Win it all. 15-1 Packers lose to the Giants at home.  Anything is possible.  The Packers need to get things figured out.  The team has been terribly inconsistent.  Get hot in December all will be forgotten.  That game yesterday was rough.  Bulaga should be back for the stretch run and that is huge.  Team is healthy.   Get on a roll gain some confidence they could go deep in the playoffs.  Never know it's a marathon not a sprint.  They will probably drop one more finish up 12-4 enter the playoffs as a 3rd seed.  I'll take it.   

• Like 3