Glass is half full

Golfman

9 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

It's all about who gets hot at the right time.  Packers entered the playoffs as a 6th seed with half the team on IR.  Win it all. 15-1 Packers lose to the Giants at home.  Anything is possible.  The Packers need to get things figured out.  The team has been terribly inconsistent.  Get hot in December all will be forgotten.  That game yesterday was rough.  Bulaga should be back for the stretch run and that is huge.  Team is healthy.   Get on a roll gain some confidence they could go deep in the playoffs.  Never know it's a marathon not a sprint.  They will probably drop one more finish up 12-4 enter the playoffs as a 3rd seed.  I'll take it.   

That 2010 team was 8th PPD and 2nd in PPDA. They had a 12-4 Point Differential. and had the 2nd highest SRS in the league. That Packer team was by every statistical measure, a sleeping giant.

The 2019 team is 9th in PPD and 13th in PPDA. This team has a 6-5 Point Differential and is 6th in SRS. This Packers team is a wildcard team. 

These are not remotely comparable teams. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That 2010 team was 8th PPD and 2nd in PPDA. They had a 12-4 Point Differential. and had the 2nd highest SRS in the league. That Packer team was by every statistical measure, a sleeping giant.

The 2019 team is 9th in PPD and 13th in PPDA. This team has a 6-5 Point Differential and is 6th in SRS. This Packers team is a wildcard team. 

Funny, so was the 2010 squad. 

49 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Packers win the North cuz I think Vikings are going to lose at least 2 games yet.  Even if they win at home vs the Packers, not a believer than can pull it off.  #3 seed.

3 hours ago, gopackgo247 said:

i get that those teams are bad. but can you say that the Packers are good?

Sure they have a 8-3 record, most of the time you look at that you would say yes they are a good team.

Looking past the record they have a loss to a mediocre/bad Eagles team at home. That loss looks worse with every passing week.  Then a loss to a bad and really banged up Chargers team at a stadium that was 70% Packers fan. And then you have this absolute debacle of a game coming off a bye week and the healthiest the team will be for the rest of the season.  They were absolutely dominated on all 3 phases of the game.  A true embarrassment. 

Looking at the wins, i cant find one win where they looked GOOD.  I think everyone can agree with me that up until this point the team hasn't played ONE complete game. 

We have looked good just not complete, two different things. You can make a case for the Raiders game as our most dominating game. Then maybe the Cowboys despite the almost collapse from the secondary. I dont even care about the eagles game anymore, we could of won that game, we actually did something in it. The 2 games in Cali we were embarrassed and didnt even compete. My expectations for this season dropped exponentially after the Niners game. But we still should beat everyone except the Vikings which is going to be tough at their house.

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 2

I can see 12-4, but with that loss possibly going to Minnesota there's a chance we could miss out on the division crown despite that record.

We still have a shot at the #2 seed but we'll have to win outright. We could range from #3 to #5 the way things are going. #3 and #4 guarantee us a Home Wild Card Game and a likely chance to advance. If we don't get that #2 seed our run ends in the Divisional Round, either against San Francisco, Seattle, or New Orleans. If we get the #2 seed our run ends in the Conference Championship, as it's likely to be another West Coast game, and at this point this team has to prove they can step up before I'll believe.

If we somehow miss out on the division title, we're likely going to Dallas for a rematch in the Wild Card, which won't be pleasant. I say that assuming Dallas wins their division and we get #5 in the seeding. There's a reasonable chance Dallas outdistances us.

If we win all the games except at Minnesota and Minnesota loses another game somewhere we both end up at 12-4.  We win the North by having a better division record with having only 1 loss which would give us at least a #3 seed.  Finish strong and take care of business.

4 hours ago, coachbuns said:

If we win all the games except at Minnesota and Minnesota loses another game somewhere we both end up at 12-4.  We win the North by having a better division record with having only 1 loss which would give us at least a #3 seed.  Finish strong and take care of business.

Vikings are not losing at home to the Bears or Lions and they will beat the Chargers who have thrown in the towel in LA. So, assuming they also beat the Pack at home, the only realistic chance of a loss for Minnesota is next Monday night in Seattle.

Hate saying it, but go Hawks.

As far as glasses half full; 

- We should be touchdown+ favorites 4 of the next 5 weeks and legit should finish 12-4 playing the easiest stretch of games in our season

- Assuming 12-4, we probably don’t have to see a team that can rush 4 and get home in the playoffs until the nfc title game 

-We’ve seen the D and O play better. 

- we won’t go down 14-0 early every game

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Vikings are not losing at home to the Bears or Lions and they will beat the Chargers who have thrown in the towel in LA. So, assuming they also beat the Pack at home, the only realistic chance of a loss for Minnesota is next Monday night in Seattle.

Hate saying it, but go Hawks.

That's a whole lot of assuming in today's NFL (not for long) season.  We'll see how the season pans out but methinks you're giving the Queens a little to much credit.

6 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Vikings are not losing at home to the Bears or Lions and they will beat the Chargers who have thrown in the towel in LA. So, assuming they also beat the Pack at home, the only realistic chance of a loss for Minnesota is next Monday night in Seattle. Hate saying it, but go Hawks.

This Boards into the mojo of NFL games right? Well, consider that SEA gave us what we needed when they clawed out a victory against SF. We in turn, gave that gift right back.

I'm thinking that same mojo will lead SEA to kill off MN this weekend....and we will have learned our lesson and not regift it. 

In other words, it's SEA's year to do us a solid. They certainly owe us :)

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Missed my point.  It's all about getting hot at the right time.  Wasn't comparing 2010 team with this one.  It's the half full thread so...Start a half empty thread and I'll express my true feelings about the Packer's chances this year.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Missed my point.  It's all about getting hot at the right time.  Wasn't comparing 2010 team with this one.  It's the half full thread so...Start a half empty thread and I'll express my true feelings about the Packer's chances this year.

Perfect response! 

• Like 1

When is the last time a bend don't break defense even made it to the Super Bowl? 

We're not winning Super Bowl this year or next year unless we add a first round ILB, a first round cover ILB, a first round CB and a first round QB to threaten Rodgers with.  The glass is not half full with our defense. 

The first time in 9 years where our defense is even remotely close to being able to say or convince themselves they've been close to this healthy at this point in the season and after signing two EDGE rushers plus a safety plus drafting a safety in the first round and there is zero excuse. 

Pettine is trash.  It's why he got fired as a head coach and why he was allowed to go from the Jets to Buffalo.