Glass is half full

Golfman

17 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That 2010 team was 8th PPD and 2nd in PPDA. They had a 12-4 Point Differential. and had the 2nd highest SRS in the league. That Packer team was by every statistical measure, a sleeping giant.

The 2019 team is 9th in PPD and 13th in PPDA. This team has a 6-5 Point Differential and is 6th in SRS. This Packers team is a wildcard team. 

These are not remotely comparable teams. 

Through 11 games that was the 2010 team rankings?

10 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Vikings are not losing at home to the Bears or Lions and they will beat the Chargers who have thrown in the towel in LA. So, assuming they also beat the Pack at home, the only realistic chance of a loss for Minnesota is next Monday night in Seattle.

Hate saying it, but go Hawks.

Did anyone here expect us to lose to the Chargers like we did?   You just never know.  The Saints got embarrassed by a lousy Atlanta team at home and the Seahawks beat the hapless Bengals by only one point in week 1 at home.

53 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Did anyone here expect us to lose to the Chargers like we did?   You just never know.  The Saints got embarrassed by a lousy Atlanta team at home and the Seahawks beat the hapless Bengals by only one point in week 1 at home.

The other thing we may have overlooked was the fact that MLF's brother works for the 49ers. Methinks there may have been a little inside track there in regards to predicting MLF's game plan and decision making.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

269 scored.

163 allowed.

On track for a 170ish differential season.

We're at 

258 scored

242 allowed.

On track for a 25ish differential season

Yeah our defense was much much better in 2010 throughout. Not even close IMO.

I agree with the larger picture that this 2019 team would get handled by our 2010 squad.

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

Did anyone here expect us to lose to the Chargers like we did?   You just never know.  

I did not expect the Packers to lose to the Chargers, and you are correct you never know.

However, the Chargers did still have something to play for (in fact it was a desperation game for them) when they played the Packers.

After consecutive, close division losses to the Chiefs and Raiders the Chargers post-season chances are done.

Could they beat the Vikings in LA? Absolutely. 

But, at this point, I seriously doubt it.

Rodgers is getting torched by many in the media. The teflon armor is gone and **** is sticking to him. If this isn't a major wake up call for him, nothing will be! I believe he's not going to want to be a 'scapegoat' so he'll start spreading the ball around to the open guy! If he does, the offense will click and this game is but a blip on the radar screen. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Rodgers is getting torched by many in the media. The teflon armor is gone and **** is sticking to him. If this isn't a major wake up call for him, nothing will be! I believe he's not going to want to be a 'scapegoat' so he'll start spreading the ball around to the open guy! If he does, the offense will click and this game is but a blip on the radar screen. 

You're back to being normal!

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Aaron Rodgers if you are reading this, you suck balls and there's nothing you can do to prove to any of us that you don't suck balls.

As I'm sure you know I was talking about national media and twitter. Platforms he actually uses and listens to. He's got to be hearing all the noise! He used to it only be adulation. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

As I'm sure you know I was talking about national media and twitter. Platforms he actually uses and listens to. He's got to be hearing all the noise! He used to it only be adulation. 

He reads FF, Finley and Jennings told me. And they were both right. Rodgers is the worst and he can never change my mind. He's worse than Favre too. 

30 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Here’s another thought - perhaps he’s known this for several years, and try as he might, he’s just not able to slow the game down in his mind?  Seriously, he’s missing so many things out there that I’m not sure it’s hubris, or going against the game plan.  I just think he’s been knocked around and injured so many times that he’s now more concerned about what’s unfolding immediately in front of him at the LOS, and less focused on what’s unfolding beyond the LOS. He used to be able to see both better than anyone in the game.

Edited by Sasquatch

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Here’s another thought - perhaps he’s known this for several years, and try as he might, he’s just not able to slow the game down in his mind?  Seriously, he’s missing so many things out there that I’m not sure it’s hubris, or going against the game plan.  I just think he’s been knocked around and injured so many times that he’s now more concerned about what’s unfolding immediately in front of him at the LOS, and less focused on what’s unfolding beyond the LOS.

We'll see in the next few games because if he doesn't start getting it out of his hand, we're toast. The 4th and 8 he had to see Graham wide open. He just had to!

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

We'll see in the next few games because if he doesn't start getting it out of his hand, we're toast. The 4th and 8 he had to see Graham wide open. He just had to!

If AR actually saw Graham wide open, he’d have thrown it to him.  Let’s give the guy at least that much credit.  
We’ve been focused on a singular argument for so long - that AR is stubborn and locks into his favorite target only - that we just might be missing something entirely different, as it relates to AR’s problem.  We see open receivers - I’m not entirely sure that he does.  That’s more worrisome in my opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, Sasquatch said:

If AR actually saw Graham wide open, he’d have thrown it to him.  Let’s give the guy at least that much credit.  
We’ve been focused on a singular argument for so long - that AR is stubborn and locks into his favorite target only - that we just might be missing something entirely different, as it relates to AR’s problem.  We see open receivers - I’m not entirely sure that he does.  That’s more worrisome in my opinion.

He either doesn't see them or he feels he can't get the ball to them.  I agree, that is more worrisome.