Glass is half full

Golfman

13 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

It is interesting that in the Raiders game he was mostly in balance with a reasonable weight shift, and had a good game.

I thought that the throwing mechanics rehab program was starting to work.  Lately not so much.

Perhaps in the Raiders game he didn't feel the rush as much as he has lately?  

12 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I think you’re hitting damn close to the bullseye.  I wish Rodgers would just tell us what his problem is then we could stop speculating, lol.

I have a feeling if Rodgers knew what the problem was he'd have fixed it by now.  ;)

Just now, Pugger said:

After getting slammed around and busting both collar bones will make a person not excited to take another hit.

So paying him 30+ million to play NFL QB and have to keep him untouched to get a return on that investment?   That is a near impossible order

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

So paying him 30+ million to play NFL QB and have to keep him untouched to get a return on that investment?   That is a near impossible order

No, I was just offering an explanation on why he gets jittery back there with pass rushers in his lap, nothing more.

37 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Rodgers not willing to deliver a pass and take a hit.

There's credence to this.

So MLF (and AR) should address that concern (note the lack of the word fear....) and get into a quicker rhythm passing game - OTHER THAN - this lateral/sideways thing we get into each and every time we're confronted with a good pass rush!

Those sideways patterns and reliance on YAC - dont seem to go all too far and accomplish much other than burning a down.

Again -- it could very well be AR's reliance on (and looks to) Davante.

I dont know how Brady does it - but the NE game plan seems to include way more short middle patterns (or passes.....) than we seem to try or achieve.

I'd say that's a MLF issue.....but apparently he values his waffles more than a well rounded passing game :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

No, I was just offering an explanation on why he gets jittery back there with pass rushers in his lap, nothing more.

Playing like a coward isn't acceptable on a football field. End of conversation. There's no need to pontificate on the reasons he's playing like a coward. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Playing like a coward isn't acceptable on a football field. End of conversation. There's no need to pontificate on the reasons he's playing like a coward. 

never thought id see the day that "coward" would be used to describe our QB. have we gotten to that point already?

54 minutes ago, Leader said:

There's credence to this.

So MLF (and AR) should address that concern (note the lack of the word fear....) and get into a quicker rhythm passing game - OTHER THAN - this lateral/sideways thing we get into each and every time we're confronted with a good pass rush!

Those sideways patterns and reliance on YAC - dont seem to go all too far and accomplish much other than burning a down.

Again -- it could very well be AR's reliance on (and looks to) Davante.

I dont know how Brady does it - but the NE game plan seems to include way more short middle patterns (or passes.....) than we seem to try or achieve.

I'd say that's a MLF issue.....but apparently he values his waffles more than a well rounded passing game :)

We had the issue with McCarthy.

Rodgers has come out and said that he doesn't like throwing over the middle. 

There were a half dozen plays last night that had open receivers over the middle.

How do you conclude this is a LaFleur issue? This is every but as obvious a Rodgers issue as the playclock.

Our best hope is that this blowout loss (and the one to the Chargers) are somehow products of having a first-year head coach. That could be part of it, but the Packers sure looked like they were outclassed in terms of talent. The 49ers have been sucking for years and stockpiling high draft picks, and it showed. Our offensive line couldn't handle their front seven even before Bulaga went down. The Packer defense kept them in the game for awhile before the dam broke just before halftime. 

In the end, this was a lot worse than the loss to the Chargers. I could understand them getting surprised by a Charger team that is very up-and-down but can be quite good at times. The 49ers are a lot better than the Chargers, but the Packers were coming off a bye week and had no excuse not to be ready for them. While I think the offensive line was the biggest problem, one would hope for the coaches to be able to work around it to some extent with quick-hitting plays and for Aaron Rodgers to be able to make a couple of great plays to inspire his teammates, none of which happened. 

Right now it's clear that the Ravens and Patriots are the dominant teams in the AFC, and the 49ers and Seahawks are the dominant teams in the NFC, with the Vikings and Saints having a chance to get into that conversation. The Packers are in the next tier, along with the Cowboys and Rams. 

Edited by Greg C.
changed "that" to "the" to make my meaning clearer in last sentence