Bengals going back to Andy Dalton at QB

RaidersAreOne

26 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is how I read this move, too. "We're getting that #1 pick, but we still want to win at least one game and Ryan Finely ain't it, Chief."

Also, it might help them sell Andy Dalton to Chicago (or w/e team they end up trading him to) if he's not sitting on the bench at the end of the year.

55 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is how I read this move, too. "We're getting that #1 pick, but we still want to win at least one game and Ryan Finely ain't it, Chief."

The problem is with NYJ, CLEx2, and MIA on the schedule we could easily win ourselves out of the first pick. Miami and Washington both hold the tie breakers if we all finish with 2 wins. We could lose out on Burrow AND Young.

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

This is a stupid move for the Bengals. I'm not sure why they're doing this now. Do they want to accidently win a few games that will keep them from getting the #1 pick?

Joe Burrow is overrated.

38 minutes ago, Elky said:

Completely different situation; Tennessee just drafted Mariota second overall in 2015.

If we’re adding parameters, sure. Still traded the #1 overall pick. Happened a good bit in the 90s, Vick, technically Eli/Rivers but barely counts. Then Goff. Plus, we just saw the Cards go QB back-to-back. 

It’d be dumb to trade first overall in this draft but it’s not unprecedented.