Raiders WR Hunter Renfrow breaks rib and punctures lung

RaidersAreOne

I don't understand why anyone loves this, and knew the first thing stated would be how tough he was. This is a 34-3 loss. A punctured lung can in severe cases, kill you. He's a rookie. The stupid idea, and it's nothing but stupid, can affect what could be a long and productive career which would benefit him and the team equally. Rehabilitate, shut it down for the year, and build NFL level musculature for next year to protect the body better. 

14 minutes ago, holyghost said:

I don't understand why anyone loves this, and knew the first thing stated would be how tough he was. This is a 34-3 loss. A punctured lung can in severe cases, kill you. He's a rookie. The stupid idea, and it's nothing but stupid, can affect what could be a long and productive career which would benefit him and the team equally. Rehabilitate, shut it down for the year, and build NFL level musculature for next year to protect the body better. 

The sideline guys should all be fired for allowing him to continue to play. For real.

25 minutes ago, holyghost said:

11 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The sideline guys should all be fired for allowing him to continue to play. For real.

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Honestly you think the sideline trainers could've diagnosed it was worse than him getting the air knocked out of him... right? Why would they let him return?

Not really something you’d immediately suspect if the guy is *seemingly* as okay as Renfrow was. Similar thing happened to Romo years ago against the Niners - finished the game and played the following week. Obviously it’s case by case and what’s required of a WR is more physically demanding - so the recovery/plan will likely be different - but I’m not ready to throw much shade at the doctors for this one. 

I doubt Renfrow even realized, broken ribs (short of some major collision, like in a car accident) are easy to overlook. 

18 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Agreed on the indignation, in principle. But firing them I think overlooks the real root of the problem. I would assume with 98% certainty they are still deeply entrenched in the "rub some dirt on it" mentality even if they are supposed to be in the medical care profession. And whoever replaces them would be too. You can't be "anti-tough" in football. Unfortunately that often means you have to be mostly stupid. It doesn't really have to be that way, but it almost always is. Not many bridges between the two or any other dichotomy in today's world.

Firing them is cutting off a hydra's head in my mind. 

• Like 1