Week 13: Oakland at Arrowhead

onejayhawk

I didn't get to watch the game, but sounds like Thompson finally got some time :D I been saying in previous threads they need to let this kid play. In his preseason interviews and such he seems super intelligent. 

From August --> :D 

The KC Chiefs Training Camp Thread

HolmesPriest replied to KC_Guy's topic in Kansas City Chiefs

I hope Thompson becomes a great back, when watching him in his interview he seemed very intelligent and like a good guy.
Edited by HolmesPriest

3 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

You mean Wylie? Considering your next post  ... what's wrong - other than the Chiefs don't have a real run game?

I want troy aikmans line. Bug holes to run and better pass protection. We need alot of improvement.

Edited by valkrei

Asking for better pass protection is asking a lot. Even with our injuries, FBO has us #6 in the league, in a cluster with Oakland New England and Pittsburgh. Run blocking is #27. We just got used to having Hunt make the line look good. If this line stays healthy and gets the snaps as a unit, we'll be good to go. Fisher and LDT will upgrade the run blocking. 

J

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I wouldn't go that far. He's just better than the Williams in his limited time. I think he'll do alright but I don't see him being a #1 rb quite yet.

He's at least explosive, hard to bring down and isn't a bad pass blocker. High character guy who u know will give it 100 every snap.

Just seems like we hit a wall with our other rbs

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

He's at least explosive, hard to bring down and isn't a bad pass blocker. High character guy who u know will give it 100 every snap.

Just seems like we hit a wall with our other rbs

I believe he should be our #1 for the remainder of the year. Treat this as his tryout and hopefully he can be the guy. If not, at least we'll know that we need to draft someone next year.

20 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Asking for better pass protection is asking a lot. Even with our injuries, FBO has us #6 in the league, in a cluster with Oakland New England and Pittsburgh. Run blocking is #27. We just got used to having Hunt make the line look good. If this line stays healthy and gets the snaps as a unit, we'll be good to go. Fisher and LDT will upgrade the run blocking. 

J

But FBO isn’t the end all be all. They’re numbers based and that’s hard to calculate 

it just needs to be better. Mahomes is not getting a clean pocket a lot of the time and it’s effecting him. That and the injuries