Week 13: Oakland at Arrowhead

onejayhawk

51 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

What did we learn from a blowout like this one? 

• We had a chance to see more Darwin Thompson, who needs a nickname since DT is taken. 
  • Thornhill shows signs of Pro Bowls in the future. 
  • The OL is shaping up. 
  • The defense is coming around. 
  • We own the West.

J

DTrain is what they called him at Utah State

22 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

• The OL is shaping up. 

J

I don't believe in Reiter. He definitely is a (literally) weak spot there. And LDT still isn't his former self. Wylie looks slow. Having Fisher back in there definitely helps a lot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KC_Guy said:

I don't believe in Reiter. He definitely is a (literally) weak spot there. And LDT still isn't his former self. Wylie looks slow. Having Fisher back in there definitely helps a lot.

Agreed, wish we would’ve re-signed Jordan Devey. Heck I’ll take Morse.

On 12/2/2019 at 5:53 PM, onejayhawk said:

• We had a chance to see more Darwin Thompson, who needs a nickname since DT is taken. 
  • Thornhill shows signs of Pro Bowls in the future. 
  • The OL is shaping up. 
  • The defense is coming around. 
  • We own the West.

J

They call him the termite

6 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

First week back, I expected some rough edges. I hope they pull it together, because they are up against the best front seven all year.

That said, this is not the game in Foxborough that we really want to win. Hopefully, the OL will be battle tested by then.

J

13 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Yeah, the interior is definitely the issue with our run game. You can see Mahomes doesn't trust it in pass pro either. Keeps bailing whether he needs to or not.

I think if you upgrade Reiter, Wylie and LDT are serviceable. None are great though.

15 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I think if you upgrade Reiter, Wylie and LDT are serviceable. None are great though.

I pointed this out previously. This is where our draft focus needs to be. Drew Brees excelled when the Saints drafted their All-Pro interior Oline years ago.

I suspect NE will attack Mahomes like they did last year.  They'll pressure Mahomes up the middle just like in the playoffs.

Edited by mayanfootball
  • Like 1