Week 13- News and Notes

WizardHawk

18 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Just watched an interview with Jane Slater, Her take was that she wouldn't be at all surprised if the Cowboys won out, and had a good showing in the playoffs that Garrett would be back next year

You honestly saying that you'd be wiling to risk having Garrett back if he made the playoffs and by some miracle made and lost the NFC championship game?

I'm not, this window probably has 4-5 more years in it, I'm not willing to waste another on Garrett.... Feels like we've already wasted 3-4 already. Consistent underachieving. I'd take 6-10, a high draft pick and a Garrett GTFO over a disappointing playoff "run"

If Nick Foles and Eli Manning can lead Super Bowl runs, and perhaps the best team in NFL history 2007 Patriots can lose, I will never root against the opportunity to watch a playoff run. I hope Jerry can make a decision after the season based on a decade of data rather than 2 weeks worth.

17 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

what the **** have we done for 10 years ? nothing absolutely nothing

Ok, so? Why does this stop you from wanting to root for the Cowboys in the playoffs.

15 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

I try not to be a knee jerk "reaction poster" kind of guy. I don't believe JG should get blamed for every little thing that goes wrong. Even though I'm on the GTFO bandwagon my reasoning is very simple.

It's just time for a change.

This is fine reasoning for wanting Jason Garrett to get fired. But wanting to miss the playoffs? I mean, my god, we only get to watch our team for 4-5 months a year. I don't want that to end any earlier than it has to. You can always fire Garrett after the season. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

If we accidentally won the superbowl with Garrett then he would get an extension and we would never win the superbowl.

If we won a superbowl with Garrett, he would have done what 50+ coaches havent been able to do since he joined us, and your (cowboys forum, not you) vitriol should be redirected. 

Youll have to find something different to hate.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If Garrett wins a Super Bowl this year, give the man a lifetime contract.

At this point I'm thinking JG winning the SB is like playing the lottery over and over with the same numbers. Sure mathematics dictates he should eventually win, but in terms of him increasing our chances are slim to none. 

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

Yea but he has been solid and has been on the cusp a few times with flashes of greatness we can get from his progress. I mean he is so close Des.....I mean I'm sure he'll be everything we want and more next year. You know, just like Jason Garrett. 😝