Week 13- News and Notes

WizardHawk

On 11/25/2019 at 3:39 PM, WizardHawk said:

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/25/dallas-cowboys-amari-cooper-home-road-performance-study-2019-career/

I mentioned it in the game ball thread and I'll mention it again. Love Coop, he's had some amazing performances, but there is some damning evidence that makes me very hesitant to fork out a big contract. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwn9JLsELEKajGHpPLwsl

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Sigh...

Dak playing so well, the board has to find another superstar player to pick on.

I don't know that I'm necessarily picking on Cooper, just pointing out a significant area of concern in his production.One that appears to be more of a trend than a hiccup. I plan on seeing him get a lucrative deal, just playing a little devil's advocate. 

14 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I don't know that I'm necessarily picking on Cooper, just pointing out a significant area of concern in his production.One that appears to be more of a trend than a hiccup. I plan on seeing him get a lucrative deal, just playing a little devil's advocate. 

That's fair.  I mean, almost no wide receivers outside of Antonio Brown have gone significant periods of time without clunker games. Amari has been nothing short of a difference maker for us. I really think this is a case of, if you are looking for something, you'll find something.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Sigh...

Dak playing so well, the board has to find another superstar player to pick on.

You think Dak has always been a great QB...

Jason Garrett is a good coach...

Jeff Heath is a solid safety, and Amari Cooper doesn't play soft...

Let's just see who you really are...

3hq8cc.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I thought last week, while Darian Thompson was out there making those Lions scrubs look like Pro Bowlers, Jeff Heath wouldn't have made a difference. Right?

Anyone could have covered those recievers in those conditions with that ultra conservative offensive game plan. I don't know why you're so intent on Jeff Heath being something he's not. And I must have missed the point where someone called the Lions WRs scrubs cause they're leagues better than the mash unit NE put out there this past week.

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

3hq8cc.jpg

Omg this is flicking great!!! Lol!

20 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Jesus can this man just shut the hell up and let Stephen handle it. 

I actually thought Jerry was spot on and entertaining. If you watch the video it starts at about 6 minutes in.

He has the bulk of his short career. He literally had a top 5 all time rookie season. 

What do we call Garrett? An average coach due to his culture and player development?

Jeff Heath sucks. Coopers been hurt all year. Dont think you can really hold an injury against him until it becomes a reoccuring theme. 

3hq8cc.jpg

The truest "Yes man" of all. At least he is a beat reporter.

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Dak has been a good QB throughout his career, and surprise, he's continued to get better.

I think he's been an ok to above average NFL coach.  

Jeff Heath is a solid safety

I definitely don't think this. I think he's an ok backup. And I certainly think he's the best we have at the moment.

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Amari Cooper doesn't play soft

Lol, I think Amari is one of the best WRs in football. Which he is. 

But here's what I really think: Most things are not binary, and most things are not at the extremes, but you'd never know it by reading this forum.

7 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Lol, I'm not intent on anything, other than that he is better than the current Dallas Cowboys backups.

So because hes the least rotten piece of meat, he can't be criticized? Or you gonna fight for him in every thread just cause he sucks the least? Thats a hell of a backpedal if thats what it is.

6 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

So because hes the least rotten piece of meat, he can't be criticized? Or you gonna fight for him in every thread just cause he sucks the least? Thats a hell of a backpedal if thats what it is.

My argument was that we missed him in the Detroit game. Not that he can’t be criticized.

I’m sure I should have just let it go, but I’m a bit fatigued how almost nothing on this forum can seem to be discussed with any nuance.