Week 13- News and Notes

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Woof. This kinda blows up in a lot of peoples faces now doesnt it. 

In the sense that Stephen got overridden? Since he was the one saying "We have confidence in Maher" ?

This open a new can of worms IMO.... did Garrett insist on a new Kicker, or is Jerry blaming Garretts woes on Maher, and using the kicking game as an excuse for Garretts poor coaching?

9 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

In the sense that Stephen got overridden? Since he was the one saying "We have confidence in Maher" ?

This open a new can of worms IMO.... did Garrett insist on a new Kicker, or is Jerry blaming Garretts woes on Maher, and using the kicking game as an excuse for Garretts poor coaching?

I think your post (no offense) is way overthinking it. More than likely SJ isn't going to bad mouth Maher publicly and JJ should be (but who knows for real) should just be adding this kicker issue to a long list of JG's shortcomings at this point.

Kickers simply had to be brought in no matter whose decision it was.

20 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:
32 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

I think your post (no offense) is way overthinking it. More than likely SJ isn't going to bad mouth Maher publicly and JJ should be (but who knows for real) should just be adding this kicker issue to a long list of JG's shortcomings at this point.

Kickers simply had to be brought in no matter whose decision it was.

This is a huge point too many people miss. Very rarely do JG or SJ say *anything* noteworthy in public. Especially when it comes to bad mouthing people on their team currently.

@Matts4313, another meh performance from Wentz today. He’s looked solid at times, but uninspiring overall. He also just sacked himself on this last play and got lucky that he recovered his own fumble.

And I’m still working on a nickname for him. I thought “Carson Went” to hint that his best days are behind him, but it isn’t insulting enough. I really want to call him Ryan Leaf, but we need a meltdown of some kind.

Please, sports gods, make that happen.

Edited by plan9misfit