Week 13- News and Notes

WizardHawk

26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Parcells said it best. You can only coach so long at one place before your message wears off. Obvi there are a few exceptions to that rule, but I think we are just to stagnant as a team. 

Pretty much. JG has helped with evaluating and bringing in a strong roster over the last few years as NYFTB's alluded to. We've just been missing that "It" factor.

Nah. JG just isn’t a very good HC or OC.  We have over a decade of experience with the dude and when has he ever out schemed a good team?  His career record vs winning teams is atrocious.  He needs to GTFO not because the teamed has tuned out his message.  He needs to GTFO because it’s a losing message.  

Just now, The_Slamman said:

Nah. JG just isn’t a very good HC or OC.  We have over a decade of experience with the dude and when has he ever out schemed a good team?  His career record vs winning teams is atrocious.  He needs to GTFO not because the teamed has tuned out his message.  He needs to GTFO because it’s a losing message.  

:one of the winningest teams in the NFL:

"losing message"

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

:one of the winningest teams in the NFL:

"losing message"

LOL

With this roster and a QB on a 4th rounders Rookie contract, we should be on a string of 13-3 records, deep playoff runs and/or Superbowls. Instead, We got the one 13-3, then a 9-7, a 10-6, and are trending towards 8-8. Even if you give Garrett his first 3 years of 8-8 as "rebuilding years", What exactly was built?

Parcells also said "You are what your record says you are"

• Like 1

Just now, The_Slamman said:

I must have missed it... what have we won exactly since JG has been here?  

The division a few times. Which in modern NFL is better than some teams. Top 5 record the last 4 and 6 year periods IIRC. 

"Oh but our team is so talented" - - you mean, the talent he had a hand in picking and developing?

"oh but were the Cowboys" - - Do we get cap and draft bonuses for that?

^^^ I figured I would address your comebacks early.

The goal of every NFL team should be to "Be better than some teams"

When is the "Top 5 parade"? Do they do it the week before the Superbowl, The week after, or is it at some point in between?

I can see the banners in AT&T right now "Better than Some Teams" "Top 5 Record in 2016"

Edited by TheGame316

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The division a few times. Which in modern NFL is better than some teams. Top 5 record the last 4 and 6 year periods IIRC. 

"Oh but our team is so talented" - - you mean, the talent he had a hand in picking and developing?

"oh but were the Cowboys" - - Do we get cap and draft bonuses for that?

^^^ I figured I would address your comebacks early.

Do you realize that Wade Phillips won the NFCE at a higher % rate than JG?  If winning the NFCE is our measure of winning... we should have just kept Wade, right? 

19 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Do you realize that Wade Phillips won the NFCE at a higher % rate than JG?  If winning the NFCE is our measure of winning... we should have just kept Wade, right? 

Do you want a dumb answer? Because if you ask dumb questions you get dumb answers. Our team completely quit on Wade. They havent quit on Garrett (yet). 

25 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Do you want a dumb answer? Because if you ask dumb questions you get dumb answers. Our team completely quit on Wade. They havent quit on Garrett (yet). 

Well, it was a dumb answer.  By your measure of “winning,” it’s so easy to do that even a coach whose players have quit on him can win more than JG.  But the real reason why it’s dumb to defend JG is that any measure of winning must include post season success.  JG has been given ample time and resources to have post Season success but because he sucks at Xs and Os the team cant beat good teams.  He just needs to GTFO.  

• Like 2