Tanny "King of the" Hill- Should he be the future?

KingTitan

Just now, Titans fan 617 said:

I don’t think he would

He really had no help around him this year 

In Tennessee there is a solid line, Good group of TE’s, good group of WRs with the potential to add speed and the biggest plus is Henry

Pats tried to get Humphries this year too and he chose us over them and I could see Brady to Humphries connection working out very well

I hear you.

An immobile 43 year old QB, learning a new system behind a so so pass blocking OL gives me reservation.

Just now, TitanSS said:

Tannehill completed 66% of his passes for 10 YPA. Overall he did what was asked of him.

What was asked of him doesn't win games when you can't play defense or force FGs.

209 and 2 TDs. Not a bad stat line. 
But 3 costly sacks I think.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

209 and 2 TDs. Not a bad stat line. 
But 3 costly sacks I think.

Yeah I think two of them came when the game was basically over though didn't they? 

I think Davis goes into 2020 as the starter at RG, but he needs to improve in pass pro. Got wrecked by Jones. Jones wrecks a lot of people but we struggled to pass protect today. 

18 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah I think two of them came when the game was basically over though didn't they? 

I think Davis goes into 2020 as the starter at RG, but he needs to improve in pass pro. Got wrecked by Jones. Jones wrecks a lot of people but we struggled to pass protect today. 

Funny enough, 49ers have two of the top 14 paid RBs in football. One is McKinnon who hasn't played since 2017 due to injury, the other Coleman had all of 544 yards on the year.

I'm sure we'll see them freeing up that cap space ASAP.

Edit: How did this post end up here? I quoted your 49ers post in the GDT..wtf? lol. lemme just copy+paste that over there I guess..

Edited by TitanLegend
  • Like 1

Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Dak Prescott
Tom Brady
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Ryan Tannehill
Teddy Bridgewater
Phillip Rivers
Cam Newton (got to trade for him).

Taysom Hill (He is 30 years old!?) I thought he was like 22. lol
Kyle Allen

Out of that group who do you take?

13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Dak Prescott
Tom Brady
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Ryan Tannehill
Teddy Bridgewater
Phillip Rivers

Kyle Allen

Mariota probably 

lol jk

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Dak Prescott
Tom Brady
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Ryan Tannehill
Teddy Bridgewater
Phillip Rivers

Kyle Allen

brees isn’t actually an option imo. so honestly? probably dak. but not for the money he’ll command. and he’ll prob get paid by the cowboys anyway. tannehill is genuinely the best option after him imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

brees isn’t actually an option imo. so honestly? probably dak. but not for the money he’ll command. and he’ll prob get paid by the cowboys anyway. tannehill is genuinely the best option after him imo.

I think the only options really are Tanny, Bridgewater, and Rivers.

I don't think Brady, Brees and Dak make it to FA. (Wouldn't want Dak anyway). 

Tanny is the only real option. 

The Titans imo are in between a rock and a hard place with Tannehill unfortunately. Ultimately he played well this year and by his play should be resigned by us as continuity and a capable QB is key in this league even being so run heavy as the Titans are. However, this offense if it keeps this philosophy was excelling because of Henry and Tannehill was a big beneficiary of Henry's play. Look no further than the first two playoff games. Yes Tannehill made some nice throws but overall it was the Henry show.

Henry was not as dominant today and Tannehill couldn't do enough to win. Granted the Chiefs offense is ridiculous but still.

The only other option to me worth it that makes sense to me is Brady. The connections to him and the Titans are real and logical. The Titans boast a strong running game (more so if we keep Henry) a solid o line which should get better next year and a slew of quality weapons to throw to. I think both Tannehill and Brady would be effective in this offense Brady would be more dink and dunk though and Tannehill more deep shots.

Going to be a very interesting offseason. Titans won't have an option to draft and start so the way I see it they re-sign Tannehill, sign Brady or somehow trade for a QB. No real other realistic options.

Edited by Titan89
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Titan89 said:

The Titans imo are in between a rock and a hard place with Tannehill unfortunately. Ultimately he played well this year and by his play should be resigned by us as continuity and a capable QB is key in this league even being so run heavy as the Titans are. However, this offense if it keeps this philosophy was excelling because of Henry and Tannehill was a big beneficiary of Henry's play. Look no further than the first two playoff games. Yes Tannehill made some nice throws but overall it was the Henry show.

Henry was not as dominant today and Tannehill couldn't do enough to win. Granted the Chiefs offense is ridiculous but still.

The only other option to me worth it that makes sense to me is Brady. The connections to him and the Titans are real and logical. The Titans boast a strong running game (more so if we keep Henry) a solid o line which should get better next year and a slew of quality weapons to throw to. I think both Tannehill and Brady would be effective in this offense Brady would be more dink and dunk though and Tannehill more deep shots.

Going to be a very interesting offseason. Titans won't have an option to draft and start so the way I see it they re-sign Tannehill, sign Brady or somehow trade for a QB. No real other realistic options.

I think keep this offense for the next couple years with Henry being the engine and Tanny being the conductor.  Go into the regular season with this style and get 10-11 wins. 
Go back in the playoffs with hopefully a better defense and more consistent offense. 

Tanny along with Henry is the fast path to repeating competitive football. Take advantage of this window. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I think keep this offense for the next couple years with Henry being the engine and Tanny being the conductor.  Go into the regular season with this style and get 10-11 wins. 
Go back in the playoffs with hopefully a better defense and more consistent offense. 

Tanny along with Henry is the fast path to repeating competitive football. Take advantage of this window. 

I think we can get more than 10-11 wins with this offense and better pass rush and corner play.

No reason we can't follow the Chiefs path from last year and make some improvements after an AFCG loss to earn a SB trip the following year.