Tanny "King of the" Hill- Should he be the future?

KingTitan

I'm slowly starting to embrace the Brady for 2 years, draft a guy at the end of the 1st round idea.

Tanny is a great fit, but we need to develop our passing game to be more than just play-action. Not saying Brady would fix that, but he is a better passer and able to diagnose a defense faster.

2 years of Tommy, draft someone like Jordan Love who has the skills but needs to be groomed some could be a potential long term answer.

My gut tells me Tanny would be a 2-3 year window at best, with ceilings of playoff berths/divisional rounds. Not accounting for personnel moves of course. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I'm slowly starting to embrace the Brady for 2 years, draft a guy at the end of the 1st round idea.

Tanny is a great fit, but we need to develop our passing game to be more than just play-action. Not saying Brady would fix that, but he is a better passer and able to diagnose a defense faster.

2 years of Tommy, draft someone like Jordan Love who has the skills but needs to be groomed some could be a potential long term answer.

My gut tells me Tanny would be a 2-3 year window at best, with ceilings of playoff berths/divisional rounds. Not accounting for personnel moves of course. 

I don’t think we would have to take 1 at the end of the first round and we don’t necessarily have to take one this year 

I don’t know college I’m just throwing out names but if Jalen Hurts fell to the 3rd round wouldn’t he be worth taking in the 3rd?

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I’m not going to say signing Brady would cause me to bail, but it would definitely destroy all of the goodwill the last month has bought.

It would definitely be weird for me 

A guy that I always want to see lose because I live in NE and hate Patriot fans 

I get so much crap about being a Titans fan there is apart of that kind of wants to see it happen just to see the reaction of Pats fans 

Youll get a lot of “he sucks now anyways”

but would definitely be like making a deal with the devil on my head but I could live with it 

The guy is super competitive and does work his butt off and does command excellence on the field so it would be fun anyway to see what he could do with Davis Brown and Humphries along with 3 pass catching TEs 

I have a dream!!!!

I'd take Brady if he comes cheaper than Tannehill, which I think he will.

Cut Walker, Dion.

Sign Brady, Henry (tagged), Conklin, Joey Sly or Zane Gonzalez, (one of Dupree, Fowler, Judon, Clowney), (one of Ryan, Fuller, Byron Jones, etc)

Trade #29, 3rd Rounder 2021 to the Bears for #43, #50.  Bears trade up to maybe draft another QB or another piece.

#43 - QB Jalen Hurts

#50 - RB JK Dobbins

#61 - WR KJ Hamler

#93 - Best EDGE

This offense will be flat out scary with Henry/Dobbins....Brown/Davis/Humphries/Hamler/Jonnu/Firsker.  Brady plays 1-2 years and Hurts is ready to take over with a loaded offense.

Do we really think Tannehill is going to get 26m+ on the open market with so many other options available?

Brady, Manning, Rivers, Keenum, Bridgewater (or Brees?), Prescott, Mariota, Winston. Then you have Burrows and Tua coming out of the draft and depending on how other franchises view some of the other QB prospects coming out that might include another starting option for a team. That’s atleast 10 possible options a team could look to to fill their void at QB outside of Tannehill.

QB needy teams: NE, MIA, IND, CIN, LAC, DAL, WSH, NO, TB.

Possible QB needy teams: CAR, OAK, DEN (though I believe I remember Elway saying he’s rolling with Lock next season).

It only takes 1 team, but who would be willing to break the bank for Tannehill with him playing at the level he did for only ~60% of the season? Add on top of it all these other potential options who a team might look at and believe they can get similar production as they could Tannehill who will inevitably have a drop off (and for cheaper) next season.

If we keep Tanny we’re gonna have to pony up obviously, but it may not be for as much as we’re all thinking.

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Best offense we’ve ever had, let’s completely overhaul our offensive system for an ancient QB whose arm falls apart after eight games. I just don’t understand.

Okay 2 things I will say Tannehill has better than brady, arm strength & mobility. Brady however is more accurate & higher IQ, he can read the whole field. Yes Tannehill was more accurate Than Brady this year, but that’s because Tannehill attempt less passes, played behind an elite RB had the better OL & weapons at his dispose. Brady at this point isn’t elite far as he can carry a franchise on his arm, but put in the right position like Tannehill was leaving Mia to TN he can still win games at high level With a talented supporting cast..  

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Okay 2 things I will say Tannehill has better than brady, arm strength & mobility. Brady however is more accurate & higher IQ, he can read the whole field. Yes Tannehill was more accurate Than Brady this year, but that’s because Tannehill attempt less passes, played behind an elite RB had the better OL & weapons at his dispose. Brady at this point isn’t elite far as he can carry a franchise on his arm, but put in the right position like Tannehill was leaving Mia to TN he can still win games at high level With a talented supporting cast..  

I watched Brady play poorly the entire second half. He has no arm, he’s late on throws, he can’t push the ball downfield, he can’t run the boots that help keep the edge defender honest and free up all of our outside zone runs. He also won’t have an elite RB, because why would we possibly retain Henry to play in Brady’s system? This isn’t Manning in his first year in Denver, it’s Manning in his last year in Denver.

• Like 1

Anyone saying not to keep Tannehill is out if their freakin mind.

Had us the lead in the AFC championship until the coaching staff took it out of his hands and went run, run, screen, punt. After this, he only saw the ball one more time before the 4th quarter, and was put in a 3rd and 11 situation thanks to a drive-killing holding call. The next time he got the ball we were down 11 points and the game was over.

Tannehill was good enough Sunday to potentially lead us to a Super Bowl, and the coaching staff failed everyone by playing prevent offense to end the first half against the best QB in football.

Unless he suffers some tragic accident before March, he's being brought back as our starting QB next year.

You all think this is Henry's team, but this is Ryan Tannehill's team and that's not changing.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1