Bears @ Lions, Thanksgiving, 11/28, 11:30 GDT

beardown3231

18 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Exactly. 3.3 yards per separation is absolutely great. He just isn't seeing these guys.

Also, I'm surprised about Leno. To the eye he sucks, but maybe not. When everything seems to be going wrong, maybe we focus on every negative play and none of the positives, which for Leno seem to outweigh the bad ones, at least according to ESPN.

I think Leno needs more sand in his ***. Packers exploited his inability to handle bull rushes and other teams are following suit. 

9 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Anyone hear Hicks blow up on his weekly ESPN 1000 spot this week?

I don't think it was a weekly spot. 

Regardless, yes, Waddle laughed as he asked the question- symbolizing he thinks Bears fans are meatheads (he isn't wrong) and implying no one can account for such important injuries- and Hicks still got upset. From the toast of the town to a sensitive sissy. 

Edited by beardown3231

22 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't think it was a weekly spot. 

Regardless, yes, Waddle laughed as he asked the question- symbolizing he thinks Bears fans are meatheads (he isn't wrong) and implying no one can account for such important injuries- and Hicks still got upset. From the toast of the town to a sensitive sissy. 

It is a weekly spot, or at least semi regular. I agree with you though. It sounded like he was itching to get into it. I wonder if Nagy has started the “us against the world, the media wants you to fail and fans are booing” crap. Or maybe he’s just frustrated with being out. Either way I thought Hicks was way outta line, especially with Waddle being the guy trying to diffuse and move on.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Anyone hear Hicks blow up on his weekly ESPN 1000 spot this week?

I heard about and it reminded me of the time a few years ago under Trestman when things were going south Brandon Marshall blew up on another ESPN 1000 guy, I forget the guy's name...

Hicks is one of my favorite Bears but I think he overreacted on this one or misinterpreted what Waddle was trying to say.

Honest opinion though, I can see why players dislike dealing with the Chicago media.  They can be pretty annoying.

Just now, topwop1 said:

Honest opinion though, I can see why players dislike dealing with the Chicago media.  They can be pretty annoying.

I agree in most cases, but Waddle is a different guy. As a Chicago Bears alumni and a generally respected media voice, I don't think this was warranted.

Totally agree that a lot of the Chicago media can be bad, past and present.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Can you imagine being a Bears PR person right now.

-Hicks loses it on the radio
-Cohen calls out fans
-Jackson calls out fans
-Managing Trubisky's emotions

That job sucks right now.

The Hicks thing is overblown.

Cohen and Jackson are fools, however.

Trubisky is a mess.

I'd still love the job.xD

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The Hicks thing is overblown.

Cohen and Jackson are fools, however.

Trubisky is a mess.

I'd still love the job.xD

Yup.  Good to know it bothers the players that much when the fans boo them.

These guys get paid more than the majority of us could ever imagine and they are complaining about the people who help pay their salaries express their frustrations when they aren't performing well at their jobs.

These guys need a reality check and to just shut up and play football.

On 2019-11-26 at 12:28 PM, WindyCity said:

At this point I do not care who it is against, just light someone up.

I think you have a good chance of your wish being granted tomorrow. I didn’t have much hope with Driskel but it looks like David Blough is going to start👀

Frankly, this could be an epic beat down of the Lions. 

Edited by diehardlionfan