Front Office and Coaching Staff News

.Buzz

9 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

well you are now in a situation where your Gm and HC plus staff have to show production in 2020 if not they are gone. So you cant essentially over do it during the offseason on letting guys go and bringing in new ones because the time table is set to one year in order for shad to be impressed and keep them. So some of those bloated contracts that you have on offense and defense may stick because they know the plays and they know that they can produce. Calias who was being mentioned about him being  cut, do you make that move now knowing that you only have one year to prove it? Plus you just traded one of your best players in Ramsey to another team getting fairly high draft picks, with Caldwell calling the shots those picks are suppose to be for long term stability. If they go for a guy and this front office and coaching staff fail this year then those picks could essentially be wasted as most GM and HC want to bring in their own players. You also question does a guy like Yannick get a long term contract if he may not fit the next HC scheme and put a chunk of cap for the next GM and HC to deal with. Overall the move to start fresh should have been now not a year from now like some organizations. Take jets for instance, they had GM Mac who was questioned on whether he should stay or go. They ended up keeping him and had him do the HC hiring, offseason signings and draft players to only get canned a few weeks after the draft. Douglas came in and moved players that they felt werent right and now are stuck with big contracts like Leveon Bell. 

u can fit a Pass rusher in any Scheme.  he might not have the ideal size for every scheme but most SMART DCs tailor schemes to the talents of the players they have look at wade phillips 3-4 with cowboys over the traditional 3-4 that the ravens run

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Priority no. 2 should be working on our cap space and figuring out what to do with Dareus and campbell. 

Dave said they have a lot of cap space to be active in FA so I'd imagine they got a plan.

On 28/12/2019 at 10:57 AM, DuvalsKing said:

I don’t know how anyone can put any optimism in Tony taking on a bigger role in the Jags organization. What has he proven what has he done in the NFL? I’m confused 😐 

I for one, would have a hard time continuing to cheer for a team that is essentially just a dumpster fire, that the owner apparently bought halfway just to let his son play "real life armchair GM".  I don't know why Tony taking a bigger role is positive, or worthy of optimism either.  What credentials does he have...at all???

19 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I liked hearing this.

I like it too but at the same time what else would he say? He obviously needs to be signed but until we get it done I’ll be very concerned. I just cant wait to hear how we low balled him and are shocked he left

PLEASE PAY THE MAN

This franchise has been starved for a young proven high level pass rusher for like 20 years, dont screw this up

13 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I for one, would have a hard time continuing to cheer for a team that is essentially just a dumpster fire, that the owner apparently bought halfway just to let his son play "real life armchair GM".  I don't know why Tony taking a bigger role is positive, or worthy of optimism either.  What credentials does he have...at all???

On 12/31/2019 at 8:33 PM, .Buzz said:

Dave said they have a lot of cap space to be active in FA so I'd imagine they got a plan.

unless they are cutting a bunch of guys with minimal dead cap  like Dareus, Campbell. Linder, Hayden, Swaim, Ryan, Lee off the top of my head.... im leaving Bouye off that list cuz hes a good starting corner whos shown the capabilities to shutdown arguebly the best WR in the NFL in Deandre Hopkins. 

46 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

unless they are cutting a bunch of guys with minimal dead cap  like Dareus, Campbell. Linder, Hayden, Swaim, Ryan, Lee off the top of my head.... im leaving Bouye off that list cuz hes a good starting corner whos shown the capabilities to shutdown arguebly the best WR in the NFL in Deandre Hopkins. 

Which is what they'll likely do (minus Linder, most people have said watching the tape he was very good just had way too many penalties for some reason).

There's no reason to keep Swaim, Ryan, or Lee. Dareus may be kept but it will be a far cry from his 22M hit. Campbell as well I imagine.

I really think Bouye is going to be gone. 

Edited by .Buzz

14 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I expect all those to be cut including Bouye.. I can see them possibly restructuring a middle of the road type of guy(s) here or there but for the most part they are going to purge the roster.

Edited by DuvalsKing

4 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

I expect all those to be cut including Bouye.. I can see them possibly restructuring a middle of the road guys here or there but for the most part they are going to purge the roster.

lol i dont expect them to do all of them cuz that will open more holes and they will be coaching for their jobs next year as both contracts are set to expire