Front Office and Coaching Staff News

.Buzz

Just now, MightyRx said:

How bad was it with Coughlin around? Was his presence that neutering and toxic to both Caldwell and Marrone?

No one knows. I'm looking forward to the presser.

I'd like to think it was (only thing keeping me somewhat level headed). He clearly is the reason for most of our studs ala ARob, Ramsey, and now potentially Ngakoue being gone. He clearly undermined Marrone with coaching staff hires (a lot had ties to Coughlin and not Marrone) and Doug clearly didn't seem to be a big believer in Foles. 

As far as Caldwell, he's had his solid drafts but ultimately he has had a god awful record and needs to be let go. I hope things get turned around but idk how a guy that's brought in personnel and helped make coaching decisions which led to a 36-76 overall record or whatever it is still in the building.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MightyRx said:

If we fix O-line and run D, we can win at least 9 games.

No one foresaw the defense being this bad.

Minshew would also need to continue on an upward trajectory.

Marrone got that out of Kyle Orton and Bortles. I know the Bortles season was a historic defense but still. I do think he can coach.

17 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Minshew would also need to continue on an upward trajectory.

Marrone got that out of Kyle Orton and Bortles. I know the Bortles season was a historic defense but still. I do think he can coach.

I think people gloss over just how well the stars aligned for Doug in 17:

Tom Savage 1st half 🥴/ D. Watson 2nd half 😐

Marcus Mariota 😐

Flacco 🙃

Josh McCown 😏

Big Ben 👍

Jared Goff 😐

Jacoby Brissett 🛑 

Andy Dalton 🙄

Philip Rivers 👍

DeShone Kizer 🤣

Blaine Gabbert 😭

Jacoby Brissett 🥴

Russell Wilson 👍

TJ Yatts 😂

Jimmy Garapalo 👍

Marcus Mariota 😔

That’s the list was of QBs he faced that year. The year that he lead Buffalo to 9-7 that team was lead heavily by what Schwartz was doing with that defense that year. It looked eerily similar to what he did this year for Peaderson in Philly. Although it wasn’t as stout of a defense Schwartz still piece milled a heck of a job with the injuries they had in the secondary this year.

Edited by DuvalsKing
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

I think people gloss over just how well the stars aligned for Doug in 17:

Tom Savage 1st half 🥴/ D. Watson 2nd half 😐

Marcus Mariota 😐

Flacco 🙃

Josh McCown 😏

Big Ben 👍

Jared Goff 😐

Jacoby Brissett 🛑 

Andy Dalton 🙄

Philip Rivers 👍

DeShone Kizer 🤣

Blaine Gabbert 😭

Jacoby Brissett 🥴

Russell Wilson 👍

TJ Yatts 😂

Jimmy Garapalo 👍

Marcus Mariota 😔

That’s the list was of QBs he faced that year. The year that he lead Buffalo to 9-7 that team was lead heavily by what Schwartz was doing with that defense that year. It looked eerily similar to what he did this year for Peaderson in Philly. Although it was as stout of a defense Schwartz still piece milled a heck of a job with the injuries they had in the secondary this year.

Oh trust me I know. But it's not like other teams don't win a lot of easy games on their way to the playoffs.

Definitely an anomoly though, just saying he's never had an even average QB to work with and has had some solid seasons.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Oh trust me I know. But it's not like other teams don't win a lot of easy games on their way to the playoffs.

Definitely an anomoly though, just saying he's never had an even average QB to work with and has had some solid seasons.

This team is about to end up like the 2016 Giants team from sugar to 💩 in an instant