Front Office and Coaching Staff News

.Buzz

13 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Which is what they'll likely do (minus Linder, most people have said watching the tape he was very good just had way too many penalties for some reason).

There's no reason to keep Swaim, Ryan, or Lee. Dareus may be kept but it will be a far cry from his 22M hit. Campbell as well I imagine.

I really think Bouye is going to be gone. 

unless we draft a corner in round 1 or 2 or signing a guy like Byron Jones i dont see it.  Bouye might be a lil overpaid but we need a guy who can shut down guys like hopkins and bouye did that. 

• Like 1

Just now, LinderFournette said:

lol i dont expect them to do all of them cuz that will open more holes and they will be coaching for their jobs next year as both contracts are set to expire

Swaim, Ryan, and Lee have barely played/we can get better pieces for cheaper. Dareus definitely is regardless of hole because the guys cap hit is out of this world. Campbell isn't a 15M guy anymore either and had clearly lost a step.

Who knows about Bouye for sure but it seems a lot of people around the building think he ends up being gone.

This FA crop is deep. Cutting guys and opening up 60M in cap can find you good replacements that may end up being better fits.

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

unless we draft a corner in round 1 or 2 or signing a guy like Byron Jones i dont see it.  Bouye might be a lil overpaid but we need a guy who can shut down guys like hopkins and bouye did that. 

That was literally the only #1 that Bouye did that to. Julio went for 10/160...I think Herndon could've managed that.

I like Bouye but he's not a true #1 anymore. Obviously they're not cutting him unless they have a guy in mind.

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

lol i dont expect them to do all of them cuz that will open more holes and they will be coaching for their jobs next year as both contracts are set to expire

Hayden and Linder more than likely won’t be cut the rest you’re probably going to cut ties with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Swaim, Ryan, and Lee have barely played/we can get better pieces for cheaper. Dareus definitely is regardless of hole because the guys cap hit is out of this world. Campbell isn't a 15M guy anymore either and had clearly lost a step.

Who knows about Bouye for sure but it seems a lot of people around the building think he ends up being gone.

This FA crop is deep. Cutting guys and opening up 60M in cap can find you good replacements that may end up being better fits.

they key to  our defense is getting rid of wash

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Hayden and Linder more than likely won’t be cut the rest you’re probably going to cut ties with.

I agree with this.

Forgot Hayden was listed. He's been one of our best defenders and is definitely worth that contract. Definitely expect him back.

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

how about jordan phillips to replace dareus...dude put up 10 sacks this year but no probowl.  

I would expect maybe 1 "big FA" and several solid/depth guys (I'd put Ebron in the latter, although he may be a pretty big pickup imo).

20 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

they key to  our defense is getting rid of wash

Idk if that's even it.

We definitely need to move on, but we were working with trash for 90 percent of the season at LB and 1T for the most part. Idk what you can really do with guys like Calitro, Payne, Abry (solid rotational guy but definitely a far cry from a starter, etc.). Our pass defense wasn't even that bad and Herndon got thrusted out there with Wingard and Davis getting way too much PT as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Idk if that's even it.

We definitely need to move on, but we were working with trash for 90 percent of the season at LB and 1T for the most part. Idk what you can really do with guys like Calitro, Payne, Abry (solid rotational guy but definitely a far cry from a starter, etc.). Our pass defense wasn't even that bad and Herndon got thrusted out there with Wingard and Davis getting way too much PT as well.

Yeah.  Not that Wash was great as a DC or anything...but our problem is very much a talent issue, above all else.  We've lost/cut/traded a lot of talent from that great defense we had going.  A lot of other key pieces have gotten older and fallen off in their capability.  We haven't really replaced any of it effectively.  Like...all these important pieces out the door for various reasons, and what have we actually brought in to reinforce the defense via the draft?  Josh Allen obviously, but other than that...Taven Bryan i guess sometimes is somewhat useful?  That's really not nearly enough to stem the tides of what we've lost there, and it really shows.

We've got weaknesses and holes to plug all over the defense now.  Could use significant help at pretty much every single position aside from DE/Edge Rusher (provided they don't scuttle that too by letting Yan walk).  Interior DL is weak and only getting weaker with age and impending cuts.  Our LBer corps is a complete mess.  The secondary badly needs fresh blood at CB (even more so with Jalen gone and Bouye potentially on the chopping block), and we could use a better FS too imo.

Whether Wash is the right guy to run that defense or not...there's only so much you can expect a DC to do with those sort of personnel liabilities.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Not that Wash was great as a DC or anything...but our problem is very much a talent issue, above all else.  We've lost/cut/traded a lot of talent from that great defense we had going.  A lot of other key pieces have gotten older and fallen off in their capability.  We haven't really replaced any of it effectively.  Like...all these important pieces out the door for various reasons, and what have we actually brought in to reinforce the defense via the draft?  Josh Allen obviously, but other than that...Taven Bryan i guess sometimes is somewhat useful?  That's really not nearly enough to stem the tides of what we've lost there, and it really shows.

We've got weaknesses and holes to plug all over the defense now.  Could use significant help at pretty much every single position aside from DE/Edge Rusher (provided they don't scuttle that too by letting Yan walk).  Interior DL is weak and only getting weaker with age and impending cuts.  Our LBer corps is a complete mess.  The secondary badly needs fresh blood at CB (even more so with Jalen gone and Bouye potentially on the chopping block), and we could use a better FS too imo.

Whether Wash is the right guy to run that defense or not...there's only so much you can expect a DC to do with those sort of personnel liabilities.

I think Herndon has shown he could end up being a legit solid #2. But yeah, it's pretty barren. I think Myles is going to be much improved if he moves off MLB/we switch to a 34 defense but we need an overhaul on defense.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:55 AM, .Buzz said:

Idk if that's even it.

for the 1 tech we essentially were playing with Abry Jones and either Akeem Spence or carl davis.  Spence is rotational quality.   im still trying to figure out why we didnt let Russell get some burn to see what he could do over say Carl Davis. 

LB was gonna be rough even if we stayed healthy but im pretty sure no team sustained more injuries at the same position group then us except maybe the eagles and their WRs.  i mean we were counting on late free agent adds(Alexander, goode) in addition to a guy coming off injury(RYAN) not to mention a Small School LB/S Hybrid 3rd round pick.   im not sure why u espected so much out of a below average LB corps to begin with.