Front Office and Coaching Staff News

.Buzz

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

I just dont get why they are keeping these guys. What is the benefit? 

Shad wants so badly to be the Steelers where there is minimal change. He likes stability.

I personally like Doug but this season was so bad with TC and all that came out, the signing of Foles, the joke of an FO that forced Doug to go out there and speak about FO decisions, the Ramsey blunder (although it may be good now looking back), Marrone keeping Wash way too long, etc.

I just don't see how you can run it all back. They're basically saying it was ALL Coughlin and although I think he had a large hand this is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, MightyRx said:

Ok. I can get behind this. But who's running the defense?!?

Doug and possibly Dave have pressers later.

Hopefully we hear, but I think it may be difficult for Doug to find a DC given our situation. I really can't see Wash again...

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Shad wants so badly to be the Steelers where there is minimal change. He likes stability.

I personally like Doug but this season was so bad with TC and all that came out, the signing of Foles, the joke of an FO that forced Doug to go out there and speak about FO decisions, the Ramsey blunder (although it may be good now looking back), Marrone keeping Wash way too long, etc.

I just don't see how you can run it all back. They're basically saying it was ALL Coughlin and although I think he had a large hand this is ridiculous.

well you are now in a situation where your Gm and HC plus staff have to show production in 2020 if not they are gone. So you cant essentially over do it during the offseason on letting guys go and bringing in new ones because the time table is set to one year in order for shad to be impressed and keep them. So some of those bloated contracts that you have on offense and defense may stick because they know the plays and they know that they can produce. Calias who was being mentioned about him being  cut, do you make that move now knowing that you only have one year to prove it? Plus you just traded one of your best players in Ramsey to another team getting fairly high draft picks, with Caldwell calling the shots those picks are suppose to be for long term stability. If they go for a guy and this front office and coaching staff fail this year then those picks could essentially be wasted as most GM and HC want to bring in their own players. You also question does a guy like Yannick get a long term contract if he may not fit the next HC scheme and put a chunk of cap for the next GM and HC to deal with. Overall the move to start fresh should have been now not a year from now like some organizations. Take jets for instance, they had GM Mac who was questioned on whether he should stay or go. They ended up keeping him and had him do the HC hiring, offseason signings and draft players to only get canned a few weeks after the draft. Douglas came in and moved players that they felt werent right and now are stuck with big contracts like Leveon Bell. 

6 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

well you are now in a situation where your Gm and HC plus staff have to show production in 2020 if not they are gone. So you cant essentially over do it during the offseason on letting guys go and bringing in new ones because the time table is set to one year in order for shad to be impressed and keep them. So some of those bloated contracts that you have on offense and defense may stick because they know the plays and they know that they can produce. Calias who was being mentioned about him being  cut, do you make that move now knowing that you only have one year to prove it? Plus you just traded one of your best players in Ramsey to another team getting fairly high draft picks, with Caldwell calling the shots those picks are suppose to be for long term stability. If they go for a guy and this front office and coaching staff fail this year then those picks could essentially be wasted as most GM and HC want to bring in their own players. You also question does a guy like Yannick get a long term contract if he may not fit the next HC scheme and put a chunk of cap for the next GM and HC to deal with. Overall the move to start fresh should have been now not a year from now like some organizations. Take jets for instance, they had GM Mac who was questioned on whether he should stay or go. They ended up keeping him and had him do the HC hiring, offseason signings and draft players to only get canned a few weeks after the draft. Douglas came in and moved players that they felt werent right and now are stuck with big contracts like Leveon Bell. 

Oh, I still expect changes and Dareus/Calais/Bouye either restructured or cut. But they're probably going to spend that $ in FA more so than they would have if it wasn't a must win season.

We'll see what happens, the fanbase is definitely the most upset I've seen it been and it's deserved. I do like that we're not an organization that just recycles coaches but the leash is just too long for them as well. I think a lot of this had to do with the FO as far as the downfall of this team and Doug did a solid job considering, but I just feel like this team needed change

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Oh, I still expect changes and Dareus/Calais/Bouye either restructured or cut. But they're probably going to spend that $ in FA more so than they would have if it wasn't a must win season.

We'll see what happens, the fanbase is definitely the most upset I've seen it been and it's deserved. I do like that we're not an organization that just recycles coaches but the leash is just too long for them as well. I think a lot of this had to do with the FO as far as the downfall of this team and Doug did a solid job considering, but I just feel like this team needed change

Its just going to be a tough sell to bring in Free Agents that may not know what the future is for them. Which could possibly lead to overpaying some guys. 

I can understand the frustration and disappointment in fans

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Its just going to be a tough sell to bring in Free Agents that may not know what the future is for them. Which could possibly lead to overpaying some guys. 

I can understand the frustration and disappointment in fans

I mean FA you have to know that's going to happen.

A lot of spots are up for grabs on D and we have no TE. So that should help as far as that goes. The situation with Bell is kind of an anomoly. Most FA contracts as is are two years with fake years after that and only kept if they're playing well and worth the $.